2016 mustang gt tune

Romclean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roderick
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Hey guys, I need help deciding which tune to get for my 2016 mustang gt. I’m stuck between the ford performance pack 2 and Lund tune at the current moment. I have the 6 speed auto with the 3.55 gears, and don’t plan on adding Bolt ons since it’s a daily driver.
Sponsored

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I can't give any feedback as to the 2 options you have listed. I was in the same decision a few weeks ago with my 16 GT Automatic. I wanted the best Daily driving I could get. I am not worried about 1/4 mile times. I went with VMP and a 18 airbox tune with my SCT. I can say I am very happy. The throttle response was improved plenty at part throttle and lower RPM. Top end pulls great also. The automatic shifts a bit smoother especially in Sport mode. The downshifts are much smoother. At full throttle is does not give a hard hit though at each shift. I was always disappointed with the torque in the lower RPM's with the coyote. I was really surprised how much a simple tunes made me MUCH happier with the power and shifting.

ddeluce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT California Special with Power Pack 1
Hey guys, I need help deciding which tune to get for my 2016 mustang gt. I’m stuck between the ford performance pack 2 and Lund tune at the current moment. I have the 6 speed auto with the 3.55 gears, and don’t plan on adding Bolt ons since it’s a daily driver.
I have a 2017 GT with with the 6 speed auto and 3.55 Limited Slip rear end. Mine is not a daily driver, but is used as a touring car. I installed the Ford Performance Power Pack 1 tune. While it doesn't provide quite as much of a power increase as the Power Pack 2 you've been looking at, it provided a noticeable improvement in power, and more importantly, improved throttle response and shifting. It is also considerably less expensive to buy and install which I think makes it a better value than PP2 for the way I use this car.

OP
OP

Romclean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roderick
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Yea I have a roush catback that I really like, but I want something to wake up the 5.0 some. From what I read, both routes are pretty solid and similar in price.

lint28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost w/PP - Now its a 2016 GT w/PP!!!
I have a 2016 and i installed the Ford Power Pack 2. I like it... i consider it a "minor" tune. I needed to stay safe as i popped my previous ecoboost motor. My car is a manual, so i think you would enjoy it even more. I hear it really improves the shift points.

Sponsored

rileythemustangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Riley
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
I have a 2017 with the Power Pack 2 parts/tune. The only reason I chose this path rather than buying the parts and getting a Lund tune is so I could keep my warranty. With a 2016, at best you're about to run into the end of your powertrain warranty, so I'd say go with the Lund tune and if you want to buy the GT350 TB and CAI, get those separately. Lund tune gives you the ability to customize any engine parts, Ford tune locks you in, and it's a VERY safe tune, super rich and doesn't get the most out of the parts.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
If you have e85 in your area get a custom tune from Lund/AED/PBD for e85. Makes it a completely different car vs the FP.
Sponsored