Sponsored

2015 To Star in Need For Speed

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
That was a fun read, thanks Stangfx..............but one thing jumped out at me:

Plans began in February 2013 with securing a prototype equipped with an EcoBoost V-6—and then swapping that for a GT prototype with the 5.0-liter Coyote V-8
I am guessing it was a typo.. meant ecoboost 4, considering the level of secrecy around the car i doubt the mustang team would have casually dropped that they had final design prototypes running around with an ecoboost v6 in the context of talking about the movie.
Sponsored

kastro

Proud Ford Technician
Threads
Reaction score
Movie was really good in my opinion. The cameo of the 15 mustang was definitely worth it everyone saw it and went in awe. Only wished they could've showed it longer.

Lexist2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX STi
Saw the movie last nite. Seeing the Ford Shelby Mustang widebody was beautiful. A nice touch at the end of the movie to showcase the 2015 Mustang GT 5.0, quick interior shot and exterior. I hope the exhaust sound stays aggressive. Great looking car, worth the wait till the end.

DMV

I am guessing it was a typo.. meant ecoboost 4, considering the level of secrecy around the car i doubt the mustang team would have casually dropped that they had final design prototypes running around with an ecoboost v6 in the context of talking about the movie.
Correct. 3.5 plans were scrapped well before this.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Just got back from watching the movie over here in little 'ol England..........it's not the greatest movie you'll ever see, but it's good fun.........especially catching all the references to other classic car movies.

Take it for what it is, a couple of hours of light entertainment...........with some hot Mustangs thrown in. The '14 Shelby looked good. Real good. S550 just looked :love:

Sponsored

ThunderHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
OW EcoBeast
Just got back from watching the movie over here in little 'ol England..........it's not the greatest movie you'll ever see, but it's good fun.........especially catching all the references to other classic car movies.

Take it for what it is, a couple of hours of light entertainment...........with some hot Mustangs thrown in. The '14 Shelby looked good. Real good. S550 just looked :love:
Agreed, very light fun, had me smiling through out. Great cars, especially the mustangs! That S550 at the end, caused everyone to go "woaaah" in the theaters. Fantastic

2015 STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
This is going to be completely random and off topic but I just went and saw Need For Speed. The 2015 Mustang was only in the movie for about 20 seconds but that makes sense because the car wasn't revieled yet. Anyways, the car sounded gorgeous and had a very aggressive look sitting on black wheels. All in all the movie was amazing and the acting was spot on. I say you go see the movie because I have to give it a solid 10/10 :)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm usually pretty cynical when it comes to product placement on TV or film........but when it's Mustang....... :thumbsup:

Only downside (and this isn't really a spoiler) is when S550 drives away at the end, it didn't have it's lights on (it's almost dark as it speeds off). Seeing those gorgeous new taillights would have been perfect :)

Sanctuary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German cars.
I just got back from seeing NFS. That 15' is no joke, how many more months before we can place an order...ahhh

kastro

Proud Ford Technician
Threads
Reaction score
As cheap as the 14's are getting I just can't ignore the 15. Just waiting for the prices before my decision.

Sponsored

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I'm usually pretty cynical when it comes to product placement on TV or film........but when it's Mustang....... :thumbsup:

Only downside (and this isn't really a spoiler) is when S550 drives away at the end, it didn't have it's lights on (it's almost dark as it speeds off). Seeing those gorgeous new taillights would have been perfect :)
THANKS! You Completely Ruined the Movie for Me... :D

WRC

I saw the movie last night and it was exactly what I expected with lots of great action and awesome cars. Don't go if you are looking for a top notch storyline and acting.

It was cool seeing the 14 GT500 be the star of the show but I'd like to see the next GT350 be the focal point in a sequel. :ford:

DeepImpactGT

Threads
Reaction score
I saw the movie here in Austin, TX last night and it was pretty good. It was perfect for what it was... a fun crazy "Go Fast" car movie. I actually liked the fact the movie was pretty clean without a bunch of swearing in every scene. The main actor did a better job in the movie than what I thought he would do from the previews... all in all it was a good flick!

The 2015 GT at the end was just icing on the cake!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Notice this is a different car than used in the movie (20" optional wheel as opposed to the black "GT500" wheels, and an all red rear diffuser - or I guess they could have spliced some footage together)

For those that haven't seen the movie.............either don't click on the link or, if you do, know that there's probably more footage here than in the film ;)

[ame]