Sponsored

2015 Prices and getting older...

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
But I think that its telling that Mazda has chosen to co-develop the third gen platform with Alfa Romeo.
Thanks for sharing, I didn't know that. :) Again proves one of my points.

I would think Hyundai/Kia would want a small RWD entry level car, if Ford could get in with them in co-developement I could see this as about the only way to see a near 3000 pound light sporty RWD coupe.
Sponsored

Scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Infiniti G37
There is alot more bang for the buck but the problem with the mustang now is it is trying to do way too much.

Adding the Eco 4 is trying to compete with the STI, Civic Si, Golf. This engine is amazing but the car is justoverweight. Ford needs a small rwd car or possibly awd car to compete with this class.

The V6 is fine but with a bit more power could compete with the 370Z, Accord coupe, Genisis coupe.

Besides the Camaro and Challenger Ford is now setting its goals for the Mustang a lot higher.

The GT is competeing with the 60k M3/4 and posibbly even the new C7. Ford needed to build a 2 seat coupethat weighted 3200 lbs or less for this.

Don't get me wrong though, I love what the Mustang has become and it shows just how far Ford is willing to go. It is wonderful but I personally think the Mustang is being asked to do too much.

I mean who knows the SVT variant might have a shot at Godzilla.
Shot at Godzilla!!! LOL, no way!!! Godzilla in a class all it's own!!!

Nissan’s GT-R may be fugly to the lay person, but as an instrument of pure speed, it’s a thing of beauty. A 545-hp, twin-turbo V-6 and astounding, all-wheel-drive grip give the GT-R supercar-grade performance. Its six-figure price, while high for a Nissan, is cheap among anything else so quick. Numerous enhancements over the years have made it ever faster and more refined, with 0-to-60 times dropping below three seconds. That’s Bugatti territory. This car’s not called Godzilla for nothing

jedilord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy Tahoe
SeaStang, you aren't the only one who feels that way. I remember way back when, looking in the news paper seeing 2003 GT's (base) go for $18k. Seriously.
My 07 was 32k, loaded (no plans).
Yes you get more HP and newer tech, but like OP said, my iPhone now has LTE, 2 cameras, etc and I'm sure as hell not paying extra for that tech. Same price $200 subsidized.

Ford raised rates considerably. Reason why they didn't get bailed our I suppose.

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
SeaStang, you aren't the only one who feels that way. I remember way back when, looking in the news paper seeing 2003 GT's (base) go for $18k. Seriously.
My 07 was 32k, loaded (no plans).
Yes you get more HP and newer tech, but like OP said, my iPhone now has LTE, 2 cameras, etc and I'm sure as hell not paying extra for that tech. Same price $200 subsidized.

Ford raised rates considerably. Reason why they didn't get bailed our I suppose.
I would rather be paying more than paying for a car that was created with government loans...

Sponsored

jedilord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy Tahoe
Been there a couple times already. I *think* I'm caught up. lol

jedilord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy Tahoe
...had 3 mustangs. If ford made a nice premium SUV, I would have gotten it. Expedition is so lame looking.
Sponsored