OP
OP
DarkHorse

DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6 - Magnetic Metallic
Update: PCM was installed, but the wrench light still comes on. They started troubleshooting everything again, and it still points back to the PCM. I'm in a rental car for now. Now they are questioning my Raxiom Tail Light Sequencer http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom-sequential-harness-1014.html (installed 6/2015) because they say its sending feedback thru the Body Control Module (it controls all of the lights for the car). Also they decided to question my amp that was professionally installed last weekend...lol.

So when it comes down to it you cant do anything to your car:

Don't install an amp
Don't install an air intake
Don't install a throttle body
Don't install Raxiom Sequential Harness
Don't drive the car
Don't even look at the car funny
Just buy it, stick it in the garage and tell everyone what a wonderful car it is.

It's almost like you aren't allowed to enjoy the car...

If the Raxiom Sequential Harness caused my PCM to go bad, I would be utterly surprised...in a way I want it to the harness because that way I can pay for the rental, the new PCM, and trade out of this car. Lesson learned for the 2nd time with Fords, shame on me.
Sponsored

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Update: PCM was installed, but the wrench light still comes on. They started troubleshooting everything again, and it still points back to the PCM. I'm in a rental car for now. Now they are questioning my Raxiom Tail Light Sequencer http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom-sequential-harness-1014.html (installed 6/2015) because they say its sending feedback thru the Body Control Module (it controls all of the lights for the car). Also they decided to question my amp that was professionally installed last weekend...lol.

So when it comes down to it you cant do anything to your car:

Don't install an amp
Don't install an air intake
Don't install a throttle body
Don't install Raxiom Sequential Harness
Don't drive the car
Don't even look at the car funny
Just buy it, stick it in the garage and tell everyone what a wonderful car it is.

It's almost like you aren't allowed to enjoy the car...

If the Raxiom Sequential Harness caused my PCM to go bad, I would be utterly surprised...in a way I want it to the harness because that way I can pay for the rental, the new PCM, and trade out of this car. Lesson learned for the 2nd time with Fords, shame on me.
You're really blowing things out of proportion.

Nobody is saying you can't "enjoy the car". The bottom line is when you make any modification to a vehicle, especially powertain or electrical related, there is a chance you will screw something up. That's not the manufacturers fault.

As far as the amp goes "professional" installation means nothing. It's still a non-factory, aftermarket modification. The installer obviously need to run multiple circuits, tap into harnesses, and use a power or ground source for the unit. Something as simple as tapping into the PCM power relay for a power source can result in the issues you are having.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
you started getting the intermittent CEL back on 6/20/2016, but installed an amp last week ?

seems like it would be easy to return the car to stock

NFS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT convertable
Had wrench code at least three times and they replaced the wireless gas pedal, no more wrench. not saying that's your problem. Just some where to have them check.

OP
OP
DarkHorse

DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6 - Magnetic Metallic
Updated main post with my updated log i've been keeping for almost 2 months. So far the car has been running for almost 2 weeks without a check engine light or wrench code.

So it seem everything wanted to take a shit all at one time:

1. (Code P2610 and P062C) The PCM had to be replaced twice on Ford's dime.
2. (Code B1265 and B1266) Raxiom Tail Light Sequencers were causing the car to throw a body code which was causing the wrench light to come on at one point, so I removed those. I don't know if I should pursue a refund for them from American Muscle...
3. (Code P068A) Replaced battery on my dime per fixes on multiple Ford car specific forums.
4. (Code B115 and C1001) Ford repaired the 4 broken wires going to the backup camera.

I have all paperwork if anyone would like more details. I hope this helps anyone that are having the same issues I ran into. The ultimate test for the car will be when we take our west coast road trip.
Sponsored