Sponsored

2015 Mustang Secret OEM Feature

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
I don't understand why people need GPS in the first place.

I do. There are a lot of idiots out there, and a lot of directionally challenged people. I personally would rather they have GPS in the car. It's either that or they'll be trying to stare at a Google maps printout on the highway. I'd rather it be the former, for safety's sake. Every day I have someone veer into my lane while looking at something in their lap.
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Now GPS projected the windshield would be nutz.
Lame, but nutz. I don't understand why people need GPS in the first place.
I do. There are a lot of idiots out there, and a lot of directionally challenged people. I personally would rather they have GPS in the car. It's either that or they'll be trying to stare at a Google maps printout on the highway. I'd rather it be the former, for safety's sake. Every day I have someone veer into my lane while looking at something in their lap.
1) They can't read maps ....... 2) It's called distracted driving. I watch peeps all day long around the metro Dallas/Ft. Worth area holding their phone so they can see Google maps or, looking over at the one in their dash. Then, from the outside lane of the highway, they cut across three lanes of traffic to the ramp because it tells them to exit.:headbonk:

S550 64G

Threads
Reaction score
Most likly, part of a technology pack that will be optional. Your other option will be to simply disable the sending unit. Let's all keep our fingers crossed the feds don't make a bunch of these nanny items mandatory.
Or just turn off the Collision Warning in the cluster. Has NO ONE driven a new Ford with the feature?

C00KIE M0NSTER

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I guess it makes sense that Ford wouldn't be shouting that kind of capability from the rooftops. So far, everybody seems to be equating the doing of burnouts with hooning around on the street rather than as part of your routine at the dragstrip.

It even makes sense from the point of view of stepping back from the big drag racing sponsorships and being more oriented toward the novice everyday guy who goes out to the dragstrip on street or grudge night only a few times a year.

On edit - as a corner-carver sort, this capability is silly at best. But at least I doubt it was very difficult or costly to implement. And it may encourage a few more folks to choose Ford for their entry-level drag racing.

Norm

pacettr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Parnelli Jones Saleen, 2013 Lagune Seca, and
Or just turn off the Collision Warning in the cluster. Has NO ONE driven a new Ford with the feature?
Every day.
Sponsored