Sponsored

2015 Mustang INTERIOR Pictures

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Ok I'm confused. What exactly does the dash look like if you ordered the performance pack with the 50th appearance pack? Is it the turned aluminum or satin or brushed? I guess all the Picts and me not knowing what your abreviations mean I'm now confused so bad I don't know what's what. Thanks
It is the Axel Spun aluminum dash from the 50Y package.

50Y dash > PP dash > base
PP wheels > 50Y wheels > base
50Y aluminum sills > premium lighted sills > base
PP spoiler delete > 50Y spoiler > base
Sponsored

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
Flak,
saw the dash on the 15 i test drove last week....had the PP / 50th package on it so i got to see first hand the dash....i liked it...was hoping it wasnt the bright shiny dash as in the other package...i dont like that shining back at me when the sun hits it.
everything felt good and was snug in the non-recaro seats. also the cooling worked on both the upper and lower seat position, as some on here said the top portion does not cool....it does.
i only had the boss to compare it to so ill have to get a good test comparo when i get mine and can take both out together and drive somewhere....

SnowFox226

Threads
Reaction score
Well, I find myself In one dumb pickle. I want to get the PP for my ecoboost premium, but I also want the BA dash panel. However, that doesn't warrant a 1500$ price tag. In fact, I think that's an awful lot just to add a couple badges and some stitching to the ebony seats lol. But I may have to bite the bullet. Just the aluminum dash looks the absolute best IMO. Anybody have a solution ? :)

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Wait and see if you can purchase the dash separately and install it yourself :shrug: That would really be your only option other than forking out the cash for the 50th AP

Mustang Convert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Well, I find myself In one dumb pickle. I want to get the PP for my ecoboost premium, but I also want the BA dash panel. However, that doesn't warrant a 1500$ price tag. In fact, I think that's an awful lot just to add a couple badges and some stitching to the ebony seats lol. But I may have to bite the bullet. Just the aluminum dash looks the absolute best IMO. Anybody have a solution ? :)
Apparently the PP dash is just a film overlay on top of real aluminum. Perhaps there's a way to apply a similar film over the brushed aluminum to achieve a similar look.

That raises the question, is the brushed aluminum also a film? Or is it really brushed aluminum?

Sponsored

SnowFox226

Threads
Reaction score
Wait and see if you can purchase the dash separately and install it yourself :shrug: That would really be your only option other than forking out the cash for the 50th AP
I think you're right. I'm semi new to the world of cars though, how much extra work is it to install a new dash panel on a modern car? Because I thought about that too, and it's certainly the best option by a mile. I've been in a few models, and the most appealing is the brushed aluminum. It feels so high class. :D

EDIT* it's just a film you say? ^^^ then I could I just peel it off?:shrug::)

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure where you heard it's a "film" overlay. However, from what I've seen, all the dashes are real aluminum. Whether it's Brushed, Engine-turned, or Axle-spun. I believe what you are referring to is that, it has been mentioned the dash is a thin aluminum overlay (basically a frame) that sits into an insert on the dash.

SnowFox: I am with you on your concerns of the install, that's why I mentioned waiting, as I'm sure you're not the only one curious about swapping the dash out. It might be best to wait until someone else does it, or contact Ford and see what it takes.

SnowFox226

Threads
Reaction score
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/2015-owners-biggest-4649p11.html?

See Posts #189 and 223.

Owner confirmed that the Axle-spun dash is definitely a film applique over real aluminum. Not sure whether the same applies to the engine-turned dash.
Well it's true, but that guy has the AP and the PP. So that means he has the brushed aluminum dash. As I said, I want that dash, but I feel like most of the cost is in the wheels and seats, and if you GET the PP , you lose your wheels anyway, so it's like paying for 2 sets of wheels and only getting 1 ...plus your fancy stitching ;) but I want ceramic anyway. So I have no incentive to get the 50 years if all I want is the dash. ( can somebody confirm if the seats are the same too just with the fancy stitching?)

@DivineStrike: so yeah, I guess I am waiting, hopefully it is just a simple panel you can add on. I love this make, but ford really did limit the customization on a few things :rolleyes: I bet you anything on the 2016 they'll fix these options ;)

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/2015-owners-biggest-4649p11.html?

See Posts #189 and 223.

Owner confirmed that the Axle-spun dash is definitely a film applique over real aluminum. Not sure whether the same applies to the engine-turned dash.

I stand corrected then, my apologies. I read through the posts and that is pretty lame of Ford. It seems that both the Brushed and Engine-turned are real aluminum. Earlier in the thread you linked, someone claims another member confirmed the engine-turned is real. Don't know for sure though. We will have to wait and see.

If they are all a "film" then they won't last the long term test of durability. A big negative IMO. I hope the engine turned is real aluminum, so maybe I won't have to worry about it.

I will have a good idea tomorrow when I pick it up :D

Another thing, Ford is absolutely nuts with their pricing on individual parts. a dozen or so parts and you can almost total this brand new car. Between wheels, tires, exterior lighting and these panels alone is $16,000 when individually priced.

Snowfox if you read the thread MC posted, it looks like a very easy fix. (the dealer changed his in 30 minutes or so) however, purchasing it from the dealer is going to be expensive. you are better off getting the package.

Sponsored

Mustang Convert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Well it's true, but that guy has the AP and the PP. So that means he has the brushed aluminum dash. As I said, I want that dash, but I feel like most of the cost is in the wheels and seats, and if you GET the PP , you lose your wheels anyway, so it's like paying for 2 sets of wheels and only getting 1 ...plus your fancy stitching ;) but I want ceramic anyway. So I have no incentive to get the 50 years if all I want is the dash. ( can somebody confirm if the seats are the same too just with the fancy stitching?)
Maybe if the engine-turned design is an applique, you can take a heat gun and remove it down to the plain aluminum, which is what you want?

Almost looks like a film in this photo. The way the light hits it sure makes it seem like a film rather than turned aluminum. If it were actually turned aluminum, you would think the light would bounce off in all directions rather than that uniform, thin strip of light that is reflecting off of it.

SnowFox226

Threads
Reaction score
Hmm, I've never bought a car from a dealer. So I'm unaware of the strings they can pull. However, I'm cheating and have family that works at ford in another city, so I'm getting my car as cheap as I can get when one comes in ;)

But please elaborate, if I find something I don't like on the car they can switch it out if its an easy fix like a dash panel?

If you look at the upgrades on a PP package, the price seems reasonable. But for nearly 3/4ths the cost for an appearance package seems...hmm a tad crazy? Haha;) I must say, I did want that chrome surround on my tail lights. I've paid 8$ for chap stick, and have blown money on stupid things, but I have to keep it real this time. Who knows, maybe the 2016 will somehow include all this stuff..I actually may be buying the car in full by the time they reveal the 2016, so I guess I'll know for sure then haha.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Test drove a ruby red EB with redline interior today.
redline1.jpg
redline2.jpg
redline3.jpg

njarmstrong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Can anyone confirm if the Red Line Recaro option is visually the same as the Red Line package on the front page for the standard seats?

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Has anyone put in aftermarket leather to their V6, Base EB or Base GT? If so post pics please
Sponsored