Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT - Stealth Charcoal VPS-302 | Vossen Precision Series

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
There are wheel manufacturers out there for closer to the $1200'ish per wheel range but still, there aren't many. If you don't want to pay that type of money, that's fine but you aren't getting a forged wheel. You're going to end up with some type of boat anchor cast wheel or spend just a little bit more and get a nice flow formed wheel that is the happy medium of not being super heavy but also not paying the price for a forged wheel. If you start shopping around for a 20x10 wheel that's forged, you have to pay to play, that's just how it is. Complaining about it isn't going to change the prices. I agree that 8-10k for a set of wheels is a LOT of money. I won't be paying that, but I do expect to end up having to shell out around 5-6k for a nice set.

15COPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GTPP/2015 DIB Mustang GT
There are wheel manufacturers out there for closer to the $1200'ish per wheel range but still, there aren't many. If you don't want to pay that type of money, that's fine but you aren't getting a forged wheel. You're going to end up with some type of boat anchor cast wheel or spend just a little bit more and get a nice flow formed wheel that is the happy medium of not being super heavy but also not paying the price for a forged wheel. If you start shopping around for a 20x10 wheel that's forged, you have to pay to play, that's just how it is. Complaining about it isn't going to change the prices. I agree that 8-10k for a set of wheels is a LOT of money. I won't be paying that, but I do expect to end up having to shell out around 5-6k for a nice set.
Well for a every day street car weight does not really matter to me personally and majority of people do drive these for dd so I just can't see that kind of money being spent on wheels. I have other mustangs with after market wheels on them from OE Wheels and yes they are probably heavy but they work just fine. And for the money I would save I could buy a good set of light weight drag wheels and not have as much in both sets as I would in one set.

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
Well for a every day street car weight does not really matter to me personally and majority of people do drive these for dd so I just can't see that kind of money being spent on wheels. I have other mustangs with after market wheels on them from OE Wheels and yes they are probably heavy but they work just fine. And for the money I would save I could buy a good set of light weight drag wheels and not have as much in both sets as I would in one set.
For me, weight is a huge thing on this car. I was disappointed in how much it ended up weighing to begin with so I'm wanting to try and shed some weight where I can or at least not add to it. I won't be daily driving my car either and drag racing I really couldn't care less about. Everybody is different though and I think there is a unique group of new owners for the S550 that previously never considered a Mustang, like myself. Sorry if I came across as an ass in my post above.

:cheers:

15COPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GTPP/2015 DIB Mustang GT
For me, weight is a huge thing on this car. I was disappointed in how much it ended up weighing to begin with so I'm wanting to try and shed some weight where I can or at least not add to it. I won't be daily driving my car either and drag racing I really couldn't care less about. Everybody is different though and I think there is a unique group of new owners for the S550 that previously never considered a Mustang, like myself. Sorry if I came across as an ass in my post above.

:cheers:
You didn't come across that way,everyone has there opinion on this subject and it's good to here. Where I live that really is the big thing here is drag racing,always has been for me so having two different sets of wheels is my way to go.

Sponsored

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Stop posting them. Too much want! :D

Love those wheels!