2015 GT PP 1 Brembos Question

Chris28405

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack 1
Hi everybody, I recently ran into a issue. So I've noticed my front driver side brakes smell and one time smoked under harder braking, but the smell happens casually parking the car also. I haven't touched the rotor to see if it's hot because I'm pretty sure it would be, but will see. It smells metal on metal, but I've never smelled, I guess brake fluid burning if there's a leak. Ordered brake pads through an auto parts store which was probably not the best idea. I just need a fix for the moment. So I will install them, but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and turns out it was a deeper issue. I can never see any fluids anywhere in engine bay or wheel well and calipers. I'm worried because the passenger side does not smell from what I can tell. Thanks guys, I know it's a lot to read, I just want to give all the information I can.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Chris28405

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack 1
Ok. Definitely going to check that. I guess take the wheel off and have someone press the brake and let off then try and spin the rotor. Thankyou

Wes S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ok. Definitely going to check that. I guess take the wheel off and have someone press the brake and let off then try and spin the rotor. Thankyou
you can do that same test without removing the wheel. But you still need to take the brakes apart and inspect them.

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
After you drive it put a temp gun on the rotors and see what the Temps are.if one side is sticking the temperature would be alot higher on that side.if you don't have access to one you can put your hand between the spokes and get near the rotor if one has heat blasting off after a shirt cruise then I thing the caliper is sticking. Pads won't fix the issue they need to be rebuilt or replaced.
Sponsored