zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
I picked my car up Tuesday from dealer after they were suppose to look into everything and take care of some warranty work. Got to the dealership early and unannounced only to find my car in front of the dealership being shown off to customers. Of course I pulled up and everyone and their brother came out and said to me we just got car done and washed it for you, Yada Yoda BS.

Of course this not only pissed me off. Because it shows me the dealership does not care about it's customers even though they told me they valued my business after 2 vehicles purchased in last 6 months and a confirmed order on a GT with a substantial deposit and a new 17 Lincoln continental on order.

Sorry for the long story.

I go over the car with the service manager and the warranty work is shoddy at best. We get in the car and I start it up and guess what? Car has an additional 36 miles on it! And the car is already in reduced power mode! I show the service manager and salesman. They don't know what to say and go to get my phone to snap a pic and message goes out. I shut down engine. Open hood and engine is scorching hot to the touch. So someone went for a joy ride? Dealership does not know what to say at all. I not only caught them with their pants down but probably missed their malfeasance by a minute or so. I threatened to call the cops and so on. I was furious! I got my car and left. Have I filed a formal complaint with Ford. Not yet. I had to get packed for a biz trip and catch a plane to New Orleans where I am at right now. Next week I will file a complaint with Ford.

Long story short. I love the car and what it stands for. I think Ford knocked it out of the park except for goofy things like the coolers and so on which YES now I think HAS to be fixed.

As for me I think this may be my last experience with Ford however. 3 bad experiences with 3 different dealerships. I think the cars are awesome but there is NO support or knowledge base to back up the product? Since I work for a fortune 50 global company and my key role for my hire was to bring the brand back to not only be known for its quality but for its customer support! and satisfaction! Guess what this is why we have cut some dealers and distributors. Not good ambassadors of the brand and Ford NEEDS to start considering the same.

I'm sorry for the rant. Just love cars, especially the gt350 but something has got to give. Ford needs to get the coolers on these cars, fix some of the electrical anomalies, train their support base properly or at least have an outlet within Ford that can take care of their product as a last line of defense.

I hope Deysha is reading and I will PM her on Monday when I get back.

I have asked for my deposits back on the other ordered cars from this dealership with of course a major excuse and total hesitation.

Just tired of excuse after excuse from the dealer and their lack of TRUE professionalism whether they have been trained properly or not.
there is not a single solitary excuse to justify that sort of behavior.

All i can say is enjoy new orleans! If you want a few lesser known spots to check out while you're here, let me know. Oddly, I dont need to travel for the next two weeks, so i'll actually be home!
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
[MENTION=20297]crazyfish[/MENTION] Sorry that happened to you man. Im speechless they had the fucking BALLS to do that to a customers special car. I wish there was a clear cut recourse for situation like these where the dealers regret even thinking about doing such a thing.

Not saying that whole dealership is bad, but whoever OK'd that needs to burn in hell for pimping out their customers car like that.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Sorry to hear about your horror story.

If the management of the dealership allows that to happen then THE WHOLE DEALERSHIP IS BAD. So simple to keep your people in line with stuff like this.

I hate not being able to trust the dealership. For oil changes I go to an independent shop and use Ford parts/oil. I'm too afraid the dealership will cheap out on the oil and use recycled oil or oil they have laying around without the proper weight.

For an independent shop the guys running the shop know if they suck then the business will move a few shops down the road. As for the dealerships they know they got you by the B's for warranty work. I bet if there was a way to get warranty work done by an independent shop you'd see the dealership shape up their act quickly.

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
Mine was doing it when going back n forth in 5th n 6th
I was talking to my buddies dad who is a long time mechanic and he said that obviously the high RPMs will do it, but also if you are in overdrive gears, the fluid generally moves slower, so it heats up faster. So, running in 3 and 4 might be better than 5 and 6 even at higher RPMs which might be why some people haven't had issues on smaller tracks. I was at Road America and I 4th was running out, so i ended up using 5th.

And the car will do 100 in limp mode, but it's in 6th gear - seems fast until you have a car doing 130/140 or more closing on you!

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I picked my car up Tuesday from dealer after they were suppose to look into everything and take care of some warranty work. Got to the dealership early and unannounced only to find my car in front of the dealership being shown off to customers. Of course I pulled up and everyone and their brother came out and said to me we just got car done and washed it for you, Yada Yoda BS.

Of course this not only pissed me off. Because it shows me the dealership does not care about it's customers even though they told me they valued my business after 2 vehicles purchased in last 6 months and a confirmed order on a GT with a substantial deposit and a new 17 Lincoln continental on order.

Sorry for the long story.

I go over the car with the service manager and the warranty work is shoddy at best. We get in the car and I start it up and guess what? Car has an additional 36 miles on it! And the car is already in reduced power mode! I show the service manager and salesman. They don't know what to say and go to get my phone to snap a pic and message goes out. I shut down engine. Open hood and engine is scorching hot to the touch. So someone went for a joy ride? Dealership does not know what to say at all. I not only caught them with their pants down but probably missed their malfeasance by a minute or so. I threatened to call the cops and so on. I was furious! I got my car and left. Have I filed a formal complaint with Ford. Not yet. I had to get packed for a biz trip and catch a plane to New Orleans where I am at right now. Next week I will file a complaint with Ford.

Long story short. I love the car and what it stands for. I think Ford knocked it out of the park except for goofy things like the coolers and so on which YES now I think HAS to be fixed.

As for me I think this may be my last experience with Ford however. 3 bad experiences with 3 different dealerships. I think the cars are awesome but there is NO support or knowledge base to back up the product? Since I work for a fortune 50 global company and my key role for my hire was to bring the brand back to not only be known for its quality but for its customer support! and satisfaction! Guess what this is why we have cut some dealers and distributors. Not good ambassadors of the brand and Ford NEEDS to start considering the same.

I'm sorry for the rant. Just love cars, especially the gt350 but something has got to give. Ford needs to get the coolers on these cars, fix some of the electrical anomalies, train their support base properly or at least have an outlet within Ford that can take care of their product as a last line of defense.

I hope Deysha is reading and I will PM her on Monday when I get back.

I have asked for my deposits back on the other ordered cars from this dealership with of course a major excuse and total hesitation.

Just tired of excuse after excuse from the dealer and their lack of TRUE professionalism whether they have been trained properly or not.
Man that is totally unacceptable! I probably would have freaked out and punched someone and the cops would have came for me. Sorry that happened and I hope you can get that dealer busted. Maybe file a complaint with the BBB as well.

Force them to buy your car and put it towards a 17 allocation no money out of pocket! Assh***!!!

Sponsored

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
I have read everyone's emails. Thanks

I am still in denial that this happened as well. Of coarse

the dealer had no answer for limp mode popping up then and the GM hasn't called or emailed to apologize or even asked what happened. Just think everyone is full of it at most of these dealerships and I think there are more than not. Just disgusted.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford

the dealer had no answer for limp mode popping up then and the GM hasn't called or emailed to apologize or even asked what happened. Just think everyone is full of it at most of these dealerships and I think there are more than not. Just disgusted.
Please keep us updated. Especially if you get some justice.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Please keep us updated. Especially if you get some justice.
Drop a dime bro, get a hold of ford. Inexcusable.

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350

Im not really sure how it works for ford, but is it not possible to take it to another dealership and pull data off of the pcm to see how the car was driven in the last X amount of miles? Rpm / mph / ect?

If that is possible, i would let them know you are taking it to have all the data pulled and see what they say.

Also, im sorry this happened to you, this is Completely inexcusable.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Sucks reading nightmare stories about dealerships. With any franchise type business your customer service will change from location to location. It's important for all of us to do our research on the places we go to buy our vehicles from.

My guess is Ford corporate provides lots off support and training opportunities to its dealer network, but does not require them to take part in it. It comes down to that particular dealerships management and how much they want to invest into its own people/reputation

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Think Ford already knows about your issue

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
So is Mike at FP at least saying that there is a fix on the way? Last I spoke with him in late May he said a fix was being discussed but nothing decided yet.

Wife and I made a 3600 mile, 8 day, 9 state road trip in her GT350 earlier this month. While on a US Hiway in a flyover state she made a 15 car pass and held the rpm higher than I would have which was 6500 rpm and after the pass (thank goodness), the car went into limp mode. Basically it started stumbling at 75mph. I had her pull the car over and turn the ignition off and we waited maybe 10 to 12 minutes, started it up and off we went like nothing had ever happened. We plan on taking it to Spring Mountain in October and I would sure like that issue to be addressed before we go.
Does it throw a code when it does this? (question for everyone, I guess)

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150

It's true crazyfish. This type of dealer definitely seems to be the rule, not the exception. Your dealer has raised the bar somewhat, IMHO. After reading your initial post, I was mad as hell. I would make every effort to notify anyone at Ford/Ford Performance and anyone else for that matter. I might even take out a full page ad. I wonder if the owner of the dealership even knows this happened. Some owners are hands off and out of state.

Iekgoplot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
It's true crazyfish. This type of dealer definitely seems to be the rule, not the exception. Your dealer has raised the bar somewhat, IMHO. After reading your initial post, I was mad as hell. I would make every effort to notify anyone at Ford/Ford Performance and anyone else for that matter. I might even take out a full page ad. I wonder if the owner of the dealership even knows this happened. Some owners are hands off and out of state.
I would highly recommend you talk to the owner directly. The owner may not even know as his people are certainly not going to tell him about the situation.
Sponsored