OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Anybody know if these will work for the front turn signals? http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/585-wy21w-amber-60w-cree-xbd-smd-12-5w-canbus-led-indicator-bulb/

I also noticed you say our front headlight bulbs are D8S yet in my owners manual it states they are D3S, which you swapped to?
That's the LED bulbs I have on my car, so seems really close to what you found. But they don't stay in the socket, I needed to put some "patafix" so the bulb stays in the socket.

And yes, on the car we have D8S bulb + ballast. For that point I swapped them to the D3S model.
20151128_092620.jpg
Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
That's the LED bulbs I have on my car, so seems really close to what you found. But they don't stay in the socket, I needed to put some "patafix" so the bulb stays in the socket.
Ok I will bear that in mind when I come to order the LEDs. With these do I need the resistors in series to sort out the fast flashing/blinking problem? If so, it might be worth adding that link to the first page please :)

Yes they have updated the Online version of the manual with wrong information again ! :frusty: :crazy:

The french Manual also speak about D3S HID ! But now the Turn bulb is right with the WY21W.
I thought this might be the case of them issuing wrong information :frusty:

Where are the ballasts located so I can double that I do in fact have the D8S version installed?

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok I will bear that in mind when I come to order the LEDs. With these do I need the resistors in series to sort out the fast flashing/blinking problem? If so, it might be worth adding that link to the first page please :)
You definitely need the resistors to sort out the fast blinking problem.

Thanks for the tip, I added link to first post :thumbsup:

Where are the ballasts located so I can double that I do in fact have the D8S version installed?
It's difficult to access and to find the info. You can try to take a picture with your phone of the back of the light and you will see the ballast.
Then you will find the version on it, IMO you have also a D8S model.

GTGreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2017 GT 5.0 PP Lightning Blue AT Sync3

I have em from DD, no issue with the socket fit well. The only thing is the hyperflashing on the dash. Either you need a resistor or LED turn signal flasher.
http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/led-bulbs/listed-by-size/7440/7440-11w-hi-power-leds-pair
These should also just work fine :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-ASTAR-7...Turn-Signal-Blinker-Light-Bulbs-/331423275508

Sponsored

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
John, If this one is 100% accurate it might be an idea to add to the first post...?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
it is not accurate :headbonk:
Can anyone edit this scheme to an accurate version that will allow us to find the right products and place group orders at one supplier and save TPT costs.

Plenty of car LED suppliers around closer than US but these different sockets are a jungle.

Looking for a reseller & one order for :
- Parking LED's (+ interior/trunk)
- ugly DRL to LED
- kinda switchback working on EU models

Sponsored

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
[MENTION=12964]Stark[/MENTION] , here's a picture I found in my phone showing the model of our D8S ballast :

Did you try to see if you have the same model ?
Thanks mate and no I haven't had a chance yet but will do when I can.

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can anyone edit this scheme to an accurate version that will allow us to find the right products and place group orders at one supplier and save TPT costs.

Plenty of car LED suppliers around closer than US but these different sockets are a jungle.

Looking for a reseller & one order for :
- Parking LED's (+ interior/trunk)
- ugly DRL to LED
- kinda switchback working on EU models
Do you just want the socket version for those bulbs ?

if yes, then :

- parking LED's : W5W or 194 or T10 (I saw it's compatible with W5W)
- Ugly DRL : P13W
- Switchback : 7440 socket on our car or WY21W

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Hi guys. Looks like bling works in Aus is now providing a package that provides almost all the LED upgrades people are looking for. Includes the following:

P13W: KONIK Mulit-Directional CREE LED (Custom made for the DRL of FORD Mustang) x 1 pair
H8: Samsung Chipped LED Fog Light (The length is just good to fit behind the reflector inside the fog light housing of the MY15 MY16 FORD Mustang) x 1 pair
T10: Philips 6000k Ultinon white LED Front Parker x 1 pair
T10: Philips 6000k Ultinon white LED for Interior light x 1 pair
T15: KONIK 6000k Premium white LED light for reverse x 1 pair

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PHILIPS-T10...-Mustang-GT-/121905979816?hash=item1c6229a1a8