2011-2014 Mustang GT 80mm TB How-to

OP
OP
whatdoyoufeedit?

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
I have been lurking for a while on this thread to do this mod. But since I'm Procharged 1.will I have to get it retuned
2. Would I need to swap out my cai that came with the procharger kit
Would love to have this done but kinda scared lol.
You do not necessarily need to swap your CAI (it would be best to use piping that can take advantage of the bigger tb better) but I would definitely shoot your tuner a datalog. While a TB does not add much power it still changes fueling which can affect your tune. Always datalog for safety, especially when there's boost in the equation. Consult with your tuner to see what type of datalog run they want.
Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Im selling my drilled out gt TB...no mods needed besides new bolts. Selling because i bought 2 tb's by accident. Holes armt perfect but it works.

$100 shipped

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Im selling my drilled out gt TB...no mods needed besides new bolts. Selling because i bought 2 tb's by accident. Holes armt perfect but it works.

$100 shipped
Hey man you made an adapter and then sold it, now you've drilled out a T/B and thought it felt better, but now your selling it. Your going to wear out the threads in the intake with all this installing and uninstalling! Seeing all the stuff that you have tried/experimented with it makes a person wonder what's in the pipeline. Well I've been looking at T/Bs on E-Bay so what are you looking to get? I could even put my 3.7l T/B spacer for another 10 horsepower.:D

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Well like i said, when i bought this tb...i bid on 2 and low balled 1...and didnt think id get it but i did...so i dont need two....so im selling this one.

Sponsored

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Well like i said, when i bought this tb...i bid on 2 and low balled 1...and didnt think id get it but i did...so i dont need two....so im selling this one.
Sorry man guess my message wasn't clear, I have been looking for one and wondered how much you wanted.

Just noticed you have a price posted, didn't see that before, sorry again.

Last edited:

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Well, I now have a replacement throttle body off of e-bay, just ordered the spacer and will pickup the gasket from a local ford dealer after the spacer arrives. Look forward to installing this in a couple of weeks.
If you just received a T/B to do this upgrade then check it before your all ready to start the install. This was originally fordguys550s idea, just lay the new T/B where you can see the throttle blade from the drivers seat, unplug the wire from the v6 T/B and plug it in the GT one. Then push the start button WITHOUT putting your foot on the brake, the engine won't turn over but the T/B will operate when you push the gas pedal. Check out posts #230 and #231 on this thread.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
If you just received a T/B to do this upgrade then check it before your all ready to start the install. This was originally fordguys550s idea, just lay the new T/B where you can see the throttle blade from the drivers seat, unplug the wire from the v6 T/B and plug it in the GT one. Then push the start button WITHOUT putting your foot on the brake, the engine won't turn over but the T/B will operate when you push the gas pedal. Check out posts #230 and #231 on this thread.
Just checked...works like a charm and cannot wait to get it installed.

Thanks for the tip...recommend everyone do this so they are not wasting money.

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
One question for you that put on the GT Throttlebody... did it help with the hesitation or that flat spot win you first give the car gas ..?

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
One question for you that put on the GT Throttlebody... did it help with the hesitation or that flat spot win you first give the car gas ..?
Hopefully someone who's completely stock can answer.

I put a pedalmax on almost immediately after buying the car. That cleaned the acceleration lag up with the stock TB. I can say that Its gotten better with the GT TB. Its even better now with track modes unlocked! I've done as much as I can to avoid putting a tune on the car, and with the 3 modes alone, this 3.7l feels far better than it did when I pulled off the lot.

Sponsored

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
Thanks for your response I am not sure if I will get one or not . eBay has one that's brand new for a $100 so I might get it .

OP
OP
whatdoyoufeedit?

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
I first did this mod when I had no tune. It helps with tip-in a lot however a lot of the first gear acceleration issues are attributed to the stock tune pulling timing and not allowing to hit redline until second gear. There's no way around that without a tune. Now that I am running an Unleashed 93 OCT tune the car is a completely different animal.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I used grill paint. Its flat black, high temp and cheap. Win/win/win

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I'll have a look at grill paint though I want some color in my engine bay. The vht paint is about $7 so it is pretty cheap too. I used vht to paint my brake calipers and they hold up really well so far and it has been almost a year.
Sponsored