Sponsored

2011-2014 Mustang GT 80mm TB How-to

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Oh nice making your own adapter plate. If you need a tester I'll do it free of charge just send it to me lol.

I'm actually in NJ. The French way of say USA is quite exotic.
Sponsored

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Does anyone else hear a "whisssp" noise when the car his redline with this throttle body? I've never noticed it before the GT tb. It almost sounds like a weak blow off valve..

OP
OP
whatdoyoufeedit?

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Does anyone else hear a "whisssp" noise when the car his redline with this throttle body? I've never noticed it before the GT tb. It almost sounds like a weak blow off valve..
Others who are running the spacers have reported that noise (I myself do not experience this as I am not running the spacer) with no issues. As long you do not have any vacuum leaks and the vacuum gauge is reading around high 17's-20's HG idle I'd roll with it. It's typical for them to making "whirring" noise. It causes no concern.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I still haven't been able to road test this yet since winter hasn't given up. But yesterday when I was running the car, I was revving the engine and noticed that the engine stuttered (enough to shake the car) at 1500rpm when it was coming down from a quick acceleration to around 3000rpm. I duplicated this every time I hit the gas and let the RPM's fall. The stutter always occurred around 1500rpm. Maybe this is because my car has only been ran at an idle and revving for 4 months and hasn't really learned the new throttle yet....I'm not sure.

I'm not posting this as something I'm worried about, just something I noticed.

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
I still haven't been able to road test this yet since winter hasn't given up. But yesterday when I was running the car, I was revving the engine and noticed that the engine stuttered (enough to shake the car) at 1500rpm when it was coming down from a quick acceleration to around 3000rpm. I duplicated this every time I hit the gas and let the RPM's fall. The stutter always occurred around 1500rpm. Maybe this is because my car has only been ran at an idle and revving for 4 months and hasn't really learned the new throttle yet....I'm not sure.

Yes I noticed a little stumble the first couple of times it was started, but in the last couple of hundred miles it seems to run great.:D

Sponsored

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6

Did you disconnect the battery to allow the car to relearn the new airflow?

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Did you disconnect the battery to allow the car to relearn the new airflow?
Yeah, which I will be doing again before I start driving it when it warms up. I don't want it to think it's sole purpose in life is to idle and be revved.

Lol, I filled it up before parking it for the winter and is averaging 3mpg. Quarter tank of gas used just starting it and letting it run occasionally.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
New here, but not new to the V6 Mustang. Third one in a row. Anyhow, I just completed this mod with a JLT Intake. Gotta say this is the best bang for your buck mod I have done to a car in awhile. Honestly feels like I moderately tuned the car. I am running no tune so the difference is night and day. Obviously, in conjunction with shorties, custom exhaust, and intake it's a bit hard to say it's just the TB, but once I put it on it just brought if all together. No leaks and I used an F150 TB 14 model year no issues.

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
New here, but not new to the V6 Mustang. Third one in a row. Anyhow, I just completed this mod with a JLT Intake. Gotta say this is the best bang for your buck mod I have done to a car in awhile. Honestly feels like I moderately tuned the car. I am running no tune so the difference is night and day. Obviously, in conjunction with shorties, custom exhaust, and intake it's a bit hard to say it's just the TB, but once I put it on it just brought if all together. No leaks and I used an F150 TB 14 model year no issues.
Same exact throttle body I used, also no problems at all. I'm on my third 3.7 also, the second was a manual and the BBK eliminated my problem with driving in cruise control because of the better midrange power. I wasn't really sure if it would help that much with the auto but it does. Since it's all in the mid range it probably won't help your ETs but looks like it would be good for autocross or something like that. What intake have you got? Also if a marine went to the army would that be called retirement?

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Same exact throttle body I used, also no problems at all. I'm on my third 3.7 also, the second was a manual and the BBK eliminated my problem with driving in cruise control because of the better midrange power. I wasn't really sure if it would help that much with the auto but it does. Since it's all in the mid range it probably won't help your ETs but looks like it would be good for autocross or something like that. What intake have you got? Also if a marine went to the army would that be called retirement?
I am using the JLT. Its perfect. Big opening that smooths back into a 3.5 inch coupling to the 3.5 inch big TB. Pairs real nice. Looks totally professional. Let me see if I cant get some photos to upload.

Lol, well I was an active duty Marine (enlisted) for 8 years and I have been on active duty Army (officer) for eight years. Having been a Marine first really helped me to excel in my career, but its really an apples to oranges comparison having gone to the officer corps. I don't regret the decision one bit. Enlisted Marine life was fun, tough. Being an officer is a whole different ballgame, one I enjoy very much.

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Here is a look at the install
Capture2.JPG
tb.JPG
TB 2.JPG

OP
OP
whatdoyoufeedit?

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Good to see this mod catching on like wildfire. :cheers:

jperls said:
I wonder if one could buy a 15 GT throttle body and just switch out the electronics with our V6 electronics to eliminate the problems people are having
It's a possibility but there's huge chance(s) that housings could be different and fitment of the internals (shafts etc.) could be different. The way 11-14's are a dime a dozen, it just makes the most sense cost-wise until someone figures out something otherwise.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
I ordered a f150 tb to try...not having looked on this thread. Unfortuntely....i had put a offer on a gt tb before that..i low balled them and they accepted....lol...so now i have 2 coming. On my first one i made a adapter...but this time im just going to drill one out and see how that goes
Sponsored