Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1 whipple,lth,shelby wheels.
Very new to the supercharger scene. So noob question 1-on my 2021 mach1 with stage 2 whipple I've had an ongoing issue that seems to happen randomly. It'll flash 20 on the dash air fuel and bog down and barely run. Usually pull off road and wait a bit it'd clear up and be fine. Also I've went wot passing a car and it went into limp mode,if taking off hard and spins it goes into limp mode. Neither of these issue happen everytime,may go weeks and not do it. I'm thinking throttle body or tps on side. It's a 132mm. Part 2 is how can I view the voltage of tps using hp tuners? The voltage value isn't one of the three listed. Btw,it's did it on 2 different people tunes. I didn't get the tomahawk tuner. Got the car used with whipple already on it.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
The problem you're seeing, most likely, is fairly common on Whipples running the Stage 2 TB. The issue is that when the PCM tries to rapidly open or close the TB, the large heavier blade doesn't move as fast as the PCM wants it to. Well, the PCM is VERY sensitive to the TB not doing what it's told to do (think "unintended acceleration") so it pretty quickly shuts down the party. There are probably 3 or 4 different DTCs that could register. I've found that in HPT you can slow down the max throttle rate and it improves the issue. For instance, the GT500 max rate is around 840 deg/s vs the GT with a smaller TB is 920 deg/s. More recently, I've found in PCMTec, with its greatly expanded parameter list, is that you can increase the blade error tolerance which is probably a more elegant solution.

You can log TPS and TPS error using HPT VCMScanner but you need to keep the parameter list short and polling rate very fast.

OP
OP
Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1 whipple,lth,shelby wheels.
Thanks for the response engineermike.
So I'm on the right track somewhat. Need to read up on hptuners how to's. I've saved the thread from this forum about setting the voltage. Soo,my starting point is to figure out how to do parameters,etc for it to read voltage. Set to spec. Then start slowing down max throttle rate.
These new cars are finicky and have so much electronics to learn. Just think,when I first got into cars points was the hardest thing to adjust. Well carbs took some tuning too

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
If Mike is correct (and it's likely he is) the first solution is to exclude the TB gasket and simply use a light smearing of RTV or gasket maker and then very EVENLY and consistently snug the fasteners down so that the throttle blade is as centered and concentric as possible and there's no off centered torque of the body itself or the cross blade.

There's actually a gentlemen who now makes and sells a phenolic spacer to resolve this issue, which is much more common on the 150mm TB's than the 132. His name on FB is "Streetkar 3D." You should contact him and see what he has to offer and his experiences with resolving the TB errors.
Sponsored