Sponsored

1st HPDE Day Tips and Prep?

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
@Mikegotamach

Im surprised no one has mentioned that you need an SA2020 rated Helmet! This is the certification that all Auto racing tracks require.

I started tracking my GT when it was bone stock (Non-PP with 10R80). I found that the brakes were in desperate need of an upgrade. I got SS lines, RBF 660, and G-Loc R10 pads. As far as the front end, for an HPDE you won't get any damage on the front end unless you're tailgating someone. HPDE is not racing, you shouldn't be that close to anyone. The rubber boogers won't damage your paint unless you let it sit for a couple days. Take the time after your HPDE to properly clean them off. Should be easy right after with a good quick detailer!

The PS4S are great for the track for beginners, whoever told you they aren't suitable for the track was referring to actual racing, not HPDE. I tracked on those for my HPDE's for 2 years no problem. Just pay attention to the temp and PSI.

My rule for oil is I never track the car below 50% oil life left. It's a good rule of thumb to follow.

I also will say that if your ambient temperature gets to 80+ you'll run into heat issues with the coyote. Be mindful, but to remedy this I just sift at 6k rpms and was fine. I still had plenty of power. Any less ambient I'm fine.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me!

Cheers :like:
Actually a 2015 is fine. I have never seen an event that doesn't accept 2 cycles of helmets. SA2015 will be good until the SA 2025 helmets make their appearance and the are not always put out on time. But, as others have said, don't go out and buy a 2015 helmet. If someone has one to use, fine but stick with SA2020. Helmets are good for 10 years. M helmets and DOT only helmets are a no go.
Sponsored

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Actually a 2015 is fine. I have never seen an event that doesn't accept 2 cycles of helmets. SA2015 will be good until the SA 2025 helmets make their appearance and the are not always put out on time. But, as others have said, don't go out and buy a 2015 helmet. If someone has one to use, fine but stick with SA2020. Helmets are good for 10 years. M helmets and DOT only helmets are a no go.
Yes but in the OPs case, he was going to buy a helmet, which he would need the SA2020 helmet. He would be losing 5 years of eligibility if he bought an SA2015 helmet. :like:

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Yes but in the OPs case, he was going to buy a helmet, which he would need the SA2020 helmet. He would be losing 5 years of eligibility if he bought an SA2015 helmet. :like:
Yup, that's what I said