19 GT PP1 MT82 Transmission Question

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Looking for information-experience from others with similar situation. I have a 19GT PP1 6-Speed. 2600 Miles on car. Put a MGW shifter on it and changed out trains fluid to BG Fluid. Don't abuse car with WOT starts, but have done WOT rolls to redline.

What I am experiencing. Solid and smooth 1-2 shifts. No lock-out on WOT shifts. 3-4 shifts, no lock-out on WOT....but still experience a little grab when normal shifting. Also, from dead stop, when placing directly into 1st gear, the transmission has mild clunk noise and minor resistance. Go into 2nd gear and then into 1st gear and smooth entry.

This car build date end of Sept 2018. I have checked MGW adjustment and its right on. I'm wondering if this is the fork for 3rd gear.

Also, what are thoughts on adding Steeda rear mount bushing?

Thoughts-suggestions

THanks
Sponsored

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
19 GT, 1100 miles, stock setup. I have seen that 1st gear 'clunk'. What I realize when that happens to me is that I don't have the clutch fully depressed. I assume that the clutch us dragging a bit that way, and you are forcing the syncros to stop the gear rotation in neutral, along with the spinning clutch disk.
I haven't driven a stick in nearly 20 years, so still getting used to it. This might not be your issue, but fully depressing the clutch stops it for me.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I am thinking along the same line as SAL-E: when I stop and put in the clutch and go right to 1st I get the clunk; if I put in the clutch and wait awhile I get no clunk. Maybe the xmsn is spinning down, then stops after a short time and we get no clunk?

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018 with the MT82 does the same.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I have the clunk too. I have heard it's the nature of the beast. If you press the clutch pedal then immediately go from neutral to 1st you will hear/feel it. But if you wait a few seconds you won't get the clunk. Strange.

Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
When the clutch is out in neutral the clutch gear and countershaft are turning. When we put the clutch in and go for 1st gear the whole mess has to stop turning and goes clunk.

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
I experienced this when I test drove a '19 GT with 9 miles on it... and Matt Farah brought up the same thing in a One Take before:

OP
OP
Hadelson

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
When the clutch is out in neutral the clutch gear and countershaft are turning. When we put the clutch in and go for 1st gear the whole mess has to stop turning and goes clunk.
Tonight, played with it and pressed in clutch; 3 count and into 1st gear without the clunk. Reminds me of what I need to do when I shift my 4Runner Transfer case into 4L

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
He's very fond of the GT350, however, and has also owned an RS and FiST. He just doesn't hold back his opinions, even when driving viewers' cars, which is one of the reasons why I love watching his videos.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I get blocked bad trying to go into reverse if I push clutch in and try right away. I have to wait a good three to four seconds before attempting. Same with first but not as bad. Could it be the plastic clutch line flexing and not allowing full pressure for disengagement?
Sponsored