[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Well over 300 miles now and still no CEL. I think it's a combination of vacuum and the computer being weird. I have done everything I could to set the light back off with no luck. Good sign I hope.
congrats :cheers:
Sponsored

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Well over 300 miles now and still no CEL. I think it's a combination of vacuum and the computer being weird. I have done everything I could to set the light back off with no luck. Good sign I hope.
Same boat, bout the same amount of miles too. I hardwired a Ford connector into the driver's side wiring and after reloading the tune and putting some miles on it, she's still happy. I still have the PNP harness on the passenger side. From what Ive found, one of my sensors on the intake was picky and the other didnt care. Some might have two picky sensors and others might get away without either being picky. No rhyme or reason. Time to get some logs and send them off for revision!

Matt

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Same boat, bout the same amount of miles too. I hardwired a Ford connector into the driver's side wiring and after reloading the tune and putting some miles on it, she's still happy. I still have the PNP harness on the passenger side. From what Ive found, one of my sensors on the intake was picky and the other didnt care. Some might have two picky sensors and others might get away without either being picky. No rhyme or reason. Time to get some logs and send them off for revision!

Matt
Did you use the pnp for both sides originally and that is what was giving you problems?

Fleeger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401a Auto 3.31's
Hell horse adapters on mine with the blue plug soldered . Also I'm auto with 3.15's too. Drive just like stock and starts ripping around 3.5k

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Did you use the pnp for both sides originally and that is what was giving you problems?
Yes. I then started working with EDOTech to get to the bottom of it (awesome guy btw) and worked our way down the line till it was happy. The driver's side was being picky about the plug that goes into the plug on the black vacuum canister looking deal at the back of the intake. The passenger side was happy as could be with his PNP harness.

Matt

Sponsored

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Hell horse adapters on mine with the blue plug soldered . Also I'm auto with 3.15's too. Drive just like stock and starts ripping around 3.5k
After working it out, the Hellhorse adapter uses the Ford ends for the intake side which seems to be the fix IF you have a sensor thats being picky like mine. Some might have both being picky, others seem to have both happy with whatever lol its a crap shoot.

Matt

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Was at the shop yesterday and a friend was there with a very similar set up. His pulled harder between 3-3.5k rpm whereas mine continued to feel pretty null.

The only differences between his car and mine: His is a 15 (is there a difference between mapping?) and he had a different filter on his gt350 cai + his overall IATs were lower (mine were around 140 while his were around 120, could the car be pulling timing here?).

If it's neither of those things then it only leaves a part issue somewhere.

Could there be an issue with the driver side harness even without the CEL?

Next thing were working on is getting the temps down with some extra gt350 cai airbox padding.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
if I am not mistaken the car starts to pull timing in the 140s.. I could be wrong though.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
if anyone finds a nice angled coupler for tb to elbow let me know. :)

also little off topic anyone successfully run the UPR clean side separator with PMAS CAI? mine won't click on to the nipple that is on the PMAS elbow.. think that is my culprit to weird shit my car does.

Orange_cru$h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO Premium Pkg 6A 3.15 18"
Were to get the hellhorse adapters?

Sponsored

scoobydoonut

Texas Mustang Crazy GIRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wendy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Iā€™m so happy to have my E85 tune up and running again and my nitrous tune all good now with the new intake - Iā€™m sooo happy for you guys that got your cars up and running with IMRC ā€˜s working mine was just too picky I guess . Thanks for all the help and suggestions

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
Fyi anyone needing oem pigtails I have two on my desk up for grabs

blusdacolor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Competition Orange 6 speed GT
I did lockouts and Iā€™m getting quite a few codes, wanting to make sure that itā€™s normal until I get a tune. P2008 p2011 p2014 p2019

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Uploaded the tune to the sct4. 339 updates to the device before it would load. Make sure you're device is up to date, lol.
Sponsored