66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Stock manifolds and E85?
Yeah, factory exhaust manifolds and cats, ebay 2.5" generic X pipe with Vibrant resonators welded in, Corsa Sport (Extreme) catback, JLT intake and Lund base map for their FF tune, no revisions done before the dyno runs.

Matt
Sponsored

Fleeger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401a Auto 3.31's
I have had my manifold on for over a week now and been trying to figure out what it causing all the problems for the 2015+ cars with 18 I take manifolds. I don't think I have seen one person with the IMRC's working correctly. Tuner thinks it's a electrical issue in the wiring. I'm thinking it's more of a vacuum or input voltage from the pcm issue more than anything else.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
There are a couple folks with them working and Im narrowing mine down. Tonight will be the last test before I either 1) get it right or 2) lock em out.

Those that have it working appear to have a couple things in common.
-Either Ford's pigtail (Hellhorse uses the same) with green wires or EDOTech's harness directly wired into the factory harness.

On mine, it appears that the passenger side is perfectly happy with EDOTech's PNP harness where my Driver's side is being a punk and doesnt like anything Ive done. Im going to solder the Ford pigtail he provided me in tonight and if it fixed it, then we are onto something. If not, then Im locking it out and calling it a day.

Matt

scoobydoonut

Texas Mustang Crazy GIRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wendy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
IMRC - codes

I have had my manifold on for over a week now and been trying to figure out what it causing all the problems for the 2015+ cars with 18 I take manifolds. I don't think I have seen one person with the IMRC's working correctly. Tuner thinks it's a electrical issue in the wiring. I'm thinking it's more of a vacuum or input voltage from the pcm issue more than anything else.
Ok we’ve tried EODTECHs pigtails and got P2006 IMRC stuck closed and P2007 . Also ran a check on them checking volts or whatever on the scanner and ran a function test on them -they function properly. I am not thinking my computer on my 15 likes the differences in the volts ? Also left un plugged so it would stay open and still codes for stuck closed ??? Then took off the pigtails and hard wired HellHorse connectors in which are Ford OEM - same codes !! I guess were just gonna take off intake again and install lock outs . Very frustrating . Lol stay under 2000 Rpm and the codes won’t set off however I can’t drive my manual transmission car under 2K it’s almost impossible at a take off I’ve tried my best to explain what all was done I’m not a mechanic so bare with me but this girl knows her car isn’t happy with her . :headbonk:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fleeger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been scouring the net for the last hour looking for a picture of a 2018 engine bay with the cover removed so I can see the vacuum lines.

scoobydoonut

Texas Mustang Crazy GIRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wendy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
There are a couple folks with them working and Im narrowing mine down. Tonight will be the last test before I either 1) get it right or 2) lock em out.

Those that have it working appear to have a couple things in common.
-Either Ford's pigtail (Hellhorse uses the same) with green wires or EDOTech's harness directly wired into the factory harness.

On mine, it appears that the passenger side is perfectly happy with EDOTech's PNP harness where my Driver's side is being a punk and doesnt like anything Ive done. Im going to solder the Ford pigtail he provided me in tonight and if it fixed it, then we are onto something. If not, then Im locking it out and calling it a day.

Matt[/QUOTE
Best of luck to ya let me know please :clap2:

RH14GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Anyone looked into the vacuum line that is on the 2015-2016 but not on a 2017? It seems a couple times people have posted that a 2018 stock does not have the vacuum line with the black cap on the back of the 18 manifold routed. From the factory it is capped off. Apparently some people have it routed and some people dont

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Ok. Ford pigtail on and I took the car out for some abuse. So far, the CEL has stayed away and I notice the car runs much different now. It pulses on light throttle and while cruising in higher gears. Its never done this before the plug swap. Im gonna put some more miles on it and if the CEL stays away, Ill send a log to Lund and see if they can sort out the slight pulsing/bucking.

Matt

Fleeger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine pluses like yours does. You can check and see the codes before the CEL ever comes on.

Sponsored

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Yeah, its clear as of now. When mine was tripping the P2007 it never ran like this. I will abuse it a little more tomorrow and see how it does.

Matt

scoobydoonut

Texas Mustang Crazy GIRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wendy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Ok. Ford pigtail on and I took the car out for some abuse. So far, the CEL has stayed away and I notice the car runs much different now. It pulses on light throttle and while cruising in higher gears. Its never done this before the plug swap. Im gonna put some more miles on it and if the CEL stays away, Ill send a log to Lund and see if they can sort out the slight pulsing/bucking.

Matt
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for ya :clap2: - just didn’t work for me - I thought it had as it took awhile to show up . But now as soon as I go over 2K it pretty much sets it off . My lockouts will get installed tomorrow unless some miracle happens between now and then

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
As much of a headache as it was to deal with the imrc not working locking them out just made it 100 times easier been a week and a half and it's a monster

scoobydoonut

Texas Mustang Crazy GIRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wendy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
As much of a headache as it was to deal with the imrc not working locking them out just made it 100 times easier been a week and a half and it's a monster
I’ll be having this done tomorrow. Thank you for the feedback. Btw is yours an auto or manual ? I wasn’t sure if it matters ?

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
6 speed mt
Sponsored