Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't noticed any bucking with mine. Grab a log if you can.
Sponsored

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
no bucking here at all and im self tuned, mine are locked out as well, still messing with some cam timing to try to maximize it but it feels pretty damn good

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
How much should I expect to pay for a shop to install this for me? I'm having them swap my 3.73 out and figured I might as well have them do it. Is this an easy install? I'm a novice.

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
Can do it in about a hour or so don’t pay someone else to. Need a 8mm and 10mm socket, a pair of cutter and some locking pliers to release some hose clamps. Just did over the weekend in the Florida heat and humidity , would have been quicker if I wasn’t panting like a dog and stopping to drink every 5 minutes

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Can do it in about a hour or so don’t pay someone else to. Need a 8mm and 10mm socket, a pair of cutter and some locking pliers to release some hose clamps. Just did over the weekend in the Florida heat and humidity , would have been quicker if I wasn’t panting like a dog and stopping to drink every 5 minutes

how's it driving?

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Any "gotchas" I should look out for or wiring weirdness? I have the lockouts.

I got the gt350 evap extension harness. It's not required but makes relocating the evap easier. I paid my mech $100 for the install. Hardest part was redoing the vacuum lines. Good luck.

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
I'm going to give it a go. Also, I forgot to mention that I have a procharger. Anything else I should know about the install with the procharger? Thanks for the help.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
There is a lot of confusing information in this thread. Love the idea but I'm not savvy enough to sort out whats needed and whats not.

Any chance of a thread cleanup or a rewrite? 105 pages is a lot to sort through and yes I tried lol.

Sponsored

kiszl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Tripple Yellow 2015 GT
[ame] Detailed video on how to install the 2018 manifold with lockouts.

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
There is a lot of confusing information in this thread. Love the idea but I'm not savvy enough to sort out whats needed and whats not.

Any chance of a thread cleanup or a rewrite? 105 pages is a lot to sort through and yes I tried lol.
I would just post a list of your questions here and some of us will chime in to answer what we know.

Right off of the bat, it seems as if tuners are recommending owners to lockout their IMRC's instead of going through the hassle of trying to keep them functional. However, few owners have gotten them to work without issues/codes.

If you're installing the 2018 manifold, all you need is a foot or two of 3/8 vacuum/fuel line. You can pretty much use your lines from the stock manifold as well. If you're locking out the IMRC's, you can lock them out by either (i) purchasing MMR lockouts for $70, (ii) creating your own lockouts with a piece of metal from Home Depot, or (iii) using zipties. I personally used two zipties on each IMRC and it has been holding up fine.

Phill The Greek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GTPP
"Completed" the install today. I use quotes because I am still unsure I have the hose routing correct. I mostly followed the video linked above but also looked at the Lund install guide. They seem to do it differently which contributed to the confusion. Also, while not are great, neither the video nor writeup include details on installing with a procharger. If someone has the 18 manifold installed with a procharger, I would greatly appreciate any phoo's you could post showing the routing.

Thanks! Happy 4th! 'Murica!!!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I would just post a list of your questions here and some of us will chime in to answer what we know.

Right off of the bat, it seems as if tuners are recommending owners to lockout their IMRC's instead of going through the hassle of trying to keep them functional. However, few owners have gotten them to work without issues/codes.

If you're installing the 2018 manifold, all you need is a foot or two of 3/8 vacuum/fuel line. You can pretty much use your lines from the stock manifold as well. If you're locking out the IMRC's, you can lock them out by either (i) purchasing MMR lockouts for $70, (ii) creating your own lockouts with a piece of metal from Home Depot, or (iii) using zipties. I personally used two zipties on each IMRC and it has been holding up fine.
Could also use these:
Vktech 100pcs Stainless Steel Exhaust Wrap Coated Locking Cable Zip Ties (11.8 Inch) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CTKBTH2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_iVtpBb0MM9ZRW
Sponsored