Sponsored

18 GT premium with PP pricing!?

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
A dealer by me has a black, manual, premium PP left. MSRP is 45k. It has 5600 miles on it. I'm guessing as a demo of manager take home. Seems like I could get a great deal.

What should I ask for!? The website has it for 37!?

Id think 20% off MSRP + rebates! ?
Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
34k is about it but start at 32k offer.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Bump for other opinions.
I bought an 18 gt prem 400a, a10, active exhaust, pp1 for 38400 with 400 miles on it, used.

Take the active exhaust and auto and your looking at almost 2300 less. Deduct the miles and I feel 34k is fair.

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Even if I got the price I was satisfied with the deal might still depend on what's gonna happenas far as the factory warranty and all those miles the dealer racked up..

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I picked up my 18 GT premium with 6M trans, 400a, navigation (795), performance package (3995) and "safe and smart package" (1495) - sticker was 46,280 and dealer markup asking sticker was 47,826. I paid 36,500 with 550 miles on it - they had given it to a salesman to drive that month as a perk and it was aged inventory. You may do better or worse because your zip code determines your rebates and my ford rebates were less than other places by about a grand. I was worried about the 550 miles but I'd be wanting explanation for 5,600 miles. That's not a new car to me. Shoot for low 30's - good luck!

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Even if I got the price I was satisfied with the deal might still depend on what's gonna happenas far as the factory warranty and all those miles the dealer racked up..
If it was a demo, it wasnt titled. The warranty starts when you buy it.

If its used, then you get 31,000 miles of warranty

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you all!

A better dealer messaged me. I should have took them up on the offer, seeing as the car had upgraded speakers and magna ride.

I went to the dealer. They offended me with 38k and low balled my car. Tried some scammy stuff with my credit and were rude. So, my wife and I fought it. But ultimately walked. I'm not paying 38k for a car that's literally dirty and has 5700 miles on it. I made it abundantly clear.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
There's always a deal - good for you. Get what you're looking for. My biggest regret was not finding this same car i bought in crimson color with an auto. But im super happy otherwise!

Sponsored
OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bringing this thread back.

I had to give up my want of a 350.

This car is still on the lot. Has been since December 05 2017.

I'm not sure the mileage.

How should I approach the pricing of the car!? Last time we talked they were firm on the pricing at 37 and change. Thankfully I have some quotes ready from previous deals that didn't work out. The biggest hold back is the mass amounts of negative equity.

Any other suggestions.

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
They're obviously scammers, you could get a new 18 premium PP 6 speed for less than thayt (if you could still find one)

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're obviously scammers, you could get a new 18 premium PP 6 speed for less than thayt (if you could still find one)
Right. I've been getting 16% consistently. Going to shoot for 20% and then 30 cents per mile

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Bringing this thread back.

I had to give up my want of a 350.

This car is still on the lot. Has been since December 05 2017.

I'm not sure the mileage.

How should I approach the pricing of the car!? Last time we talked they were firm on the pricing at 37 and change. Thankfully I have some quotes ready from previous deals that didn't work out. The biggest hold back is the mass amounts of negative equity.

Any other suggestions.
Why do you want to assume so much debt? Apparently you will be paying off a used (assuming it is not brand new) couple year old car as if it were new. I just do not understand why people waste so much money and end up in the poor house when they retire and wonder how it happened. Well it is bone head things like this. Just keep your pretty darn cool R until at least you pay it off and buy another car. Trust me, your buyers remorse will amplify greatly when you make your first payment. Also, your insurance rates are going to go way up. Have you factored that in as well. Sorry for sounding like a dad, but I have seen friends over the years do the same thing and it was not a happy time for them. Don't listen to those that say "do what makes you happy". They won't be the ones paying the bill.
Sponsored