Sponsored

15-17 mt82 vs 2018's mt82-d4

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
Just curios if anybody knows if the 18's manual gearbox will be better than the previous? Or are they the same? Just saw the mt82-d4 on the new 2018 spec sheet and was curious. TIA ;):ford:
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I don't mean this in a dickish way, but how would anyone know if we haven't got to drive one yet? They are supposed to be upgrade internally in a few ways. I would assume the purpose was to maybe rid some of the previous design flaws. The question is..., if they are better... can we swap em into ours. :)

OP
OP
y2ksilverbullit

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
I don't mean this in a dickish way, but how would anyone know if we haven't got to drive one yet? They are supposed to be upgrade internally in a few ways. I would assume the purpose was to maybe rid some of the previous design flaws. The question is..., if they are better... can we swap em into ours. :)
I guess I should have worded it, how they are different? Compare/contrast. I agree, we can't determine if they are "better" yet. The only thing I have seen that the gearing is supposed to be different, other than that, still curious. :cheers:

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
We barely have the details on pricing and power specs, but no such internal changes on engine trans or suspension. So until we see an official spec sheet from Ford (like we saw in the Gen 1 to Gen 2 engine for example) then it's all speculation.

Also, I feel confident that the trans and clutch assembly will be a direct swap with the current version so if it's significantly better then it will be a nice upgrade for 15-17 guys without going to the Magnum.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I know the brochure said twin disk clutch, dual mass flywheel and I feel like it mentioned something else, maybe gearing.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the 3.31 rear gear was dropped in favor of the 3.55 being standard now. That tells me they likely went to a more traditional gear set instead of the low 1/2 that the MT82 currently has.
Sponsored