12 Speakers?

Fred Larson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I am curious as to where the 12 speakers are (2022 B&O). I see 2 in each door, 2 tweeters in the A-pillars, I assume one (or more?) center dash speaker, 2 rear deck, and the sub. I count 8?
Sponsored

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
I am curious as to where the 12 speakers are (2022 B&O). I see 2 in each door, 2 tweeters in the A-pillars, I assume one (or more?) center dash speaker, 2 rear deck, and the sub. I count 8?
I think that four of them (doors? and rear deck) are co-axial. That's where the other 4 are hidden.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Common practice going back well into the 90's at least but it's 3 each woofer-mid-tweet per front side, 2 for coaxial each rear then the center and sub for 12.

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
A coaxial is 2 speakers on any day of the week. Itā€™s not marketing wizardry, itā€™s simple fact. Just because the tweeter is mounted to the same frame as a woofer itā€™s still two separate speakers.
Right, but for folks that are used to home theater/stereo, one box with multiple speaker components (tweeter, mid, woofer, whatever combination) is still just A speaker. That's probably where the confusion comes in. My 9.2 home theater (9 speakers, 2 subs) actually has something like 24 individual speaker components, but no one refers to it that way.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Right, but for folks that are used to home theater/stereo, one box with multiple speaker components (tweeter, mid, woofer, whatever combination) is still just A speaker. That's probably where the confusion comes in. My 9.2 home theater (9 speakers, 2 subs) actually has something like 24 individual speaker components, but no one refers to it that way.
The fallacy in your analogy is that a car isnā€™t a home audio system. Automobiles have never been compared to home audio at any time when talking about speaker count.

Sponsored

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
The fallacy in your analogy is that a car isnā€™t a home audio system. Automobiles have never been compared to home audio at any time when talking about speaker count.
There's no fallacy there. I wasn't saying car audio should be like home audio. I was pointing out why people confuse the two.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
There's no fallacy there. I wasn't saying car audio should be like home audio. I was pointing out why people confuse the two.
How do you figure? Youā€™re the first person Iā€™ve ever heard compare speaker count to home audio but you assume everyone else thinks like that? You have recommendations for the Powerball lotto tomorrow?

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
How do you figure? Youā€™re the first person Iā€™ve ever heard compare speaker count to home audio but you assume everyone else thinks like that? You have recommendations for the Powerball lotto tomorrow?
I understand OP's confusion. Perfectly reasonable - I also wondered about this until I figured it out. It does make sense. :)

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Nobody has EVER compared? It's amazing that I'm the first! šŸ˜‚ I mean, some people just aren't as into car audio - or home audio or any audio. I happen to be somewhat into both. I was just throwing out a comment that I thought might help explain things! I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong about anything.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Now you're just trying to be argumentative. Only car marketing people use that method of counting drivers as a speaker count. The rest of us count an entire set of drivers as one speaker, even the aftermarket car audio industry doesn't apply that count. We say two way or three way and differentiate a set of components when necessary but a coaxial, multiway speaker is called just that, a speaker.
Sponsored