PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Lately I have had my 2018 10R80 ten speed transmission tuned following previous coding changes done by a great little business out of Bris Vegas.
https://customcarcoding.com.au/product/ford-mustang-10-speed-auto-tune/
Mitch at Custom Car Coding has previously activated line lock, removed annoying chimes and horn honks, fixed the speedo inaccruacy, activated automatic door lock once at 20km/h along with a few other nicities. Just recently I got my transmission tuned as well. This has given me quicker and firmer but smooth gear changes. No more hanging in gear for too long when in Sports+ mode. 4th to 5th is now smooth as and all gear changes seem to happen when they feel as though they should happen.
I took it for a long drive through the hinterland of the Gold Coast up and down mountains and coming downhill it just seemed to know what gear it should be in. Fantastic!
A good amount of the various mode shift schedules have been custom adjusted.
Also I now have burble mode in Sport+ and Sport (if I want at the time) when decelerating. Total hoon mode which takes 40 years off my life. Activated by a quick jab on the accelerator.
Trans lock has been added as well but I have not tried that one as yet.
Cold start RPMs have been adjusted to a lower less insane start up as well as shortening timings for settling down to a normal idle. I am amazed at looking at all the software variables possible with HP Tuners program and all the ever so slight influences on the running of the car that are initially set by Ford but can be custom set.
Sponsored