Sponsored

10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I'll have to go to my phone to check the eBay listings, but $395 + $75 shipping... $470 is still much cheaper than the Tesla can be had. I got the Tesla guy down to $525 from $700, so I should be able to do some work on this unit.
My only concern is that it might not be true Android 6.01 (but I hope it is)
[MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION] I understand it shows 6.01 under system settings, but have you done the Animation process to confirm? (You keep tapping Software version repeatedly until the animation pops up on the screen to show the actual version)
No I will do it later but I am pretty sure its 6 based on the thread about the similar units.
Sponsored

poorfortune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
'16 Base GTPP - Deep Impact Blue
So here is the 10.2" listing for $395 + $75 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quad-Core-A...rd-Mustang-Stereo-GPS-Navigation/262804566730

And to cloud things a little more, here is a new unit I saw pop up in the last couple weeks. An 8" unit, with Android 4.4.4, that keeps the physical volume knobs in place. More expensive than the 10.2" at $499 + $69 shipping, but some may like not modding to remove the knobs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2015-20...PS-Satnav-DVD-Stereo-Multimedia-/192218802593

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
So here is the 10.2" listing for $395 + $75 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quad-Core-A...rd-Mustang-Stereo-GPS-Navigation/262804566730

And to cloud things a little more, here is a new unit I saw pop up in the last couple weeks. An 8" unit, with Android 4.4.4, that keeps the physical volume knobs in place. More expensive than the 10.2" at $499 + $69 shipping, but some may like not modding to remove the knobs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2015-20...PS-Satnav-DVD-Stereo-Multimedia-/192218802593
I think that is the moddification unit? there is a post in the forum.

poorfortune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
'16 Base GTPP - Deep Impact Blue
It may be similar, but this one looks to be running a stock"ish" version of Android, with Google Play Store capabilities. The Moddiction unit is looks way locked down if it is built on Android.

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
This unit looks pretty good, I just kind of dislike the idea of breaking off the knobs and having to figure out how to disolder. I think it would of been better to scrap the DVD player (Who really uses CD's and DVD's these days?) and just keep the knobs, volume knobs are as useful as the steering wheel it just works. Also if for example how the AC compressors are failing I am worried I might get Sht about it since they have to take everything off to get to it thus something else to worry about since it's not simple swap.

Either way this currently looks like the best aftermarket option so far, I might be also interested in a group buy depending on the price.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
This unit looks pretty good, I just kind of dislike the idea of breaking off the knobs and having to figure out how to disolder. I think it would of been better to scrap the DVD player (Who really uses CD's and DVD's these days?) and just keep the knobs, volume knobs are as useful as the steering wheel it just works. Also if for example how the AC compressors are failing I am worried I might get Sht about it since they have to take everything off to get to it thus something else to worry about since it's not simple swap.

Either way this currently looks like the best aftermarket option so far, I might be also interested in a group buy depending on the price.
The screen size is what makes you get rid of the knobs not the dvd player. That part is annoying I must admit.

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
The screen size is what makes you get rid of the knobs not the dvd player. That part is annoying I must admit.
Right, along with the DVD I would also gladly give up some screen size for the knobs. It would of also made the unit cheaper to produce and sell. I guess what I really want is stock function with an Android unit lol. I'm surprised no one has made them like the tomtop units.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
I'll have to go to my phone to check the eBay listings, but $395 + $75 shipping... $470 is still much cheaper than the Tesla can be had. I got the Tesla guy down to $525 from $700, so I should be able to do some work on this unit.
My only concern is that it might not be true Android 6.01 (but I hope it is)
[MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION] I understand it shows 6.01 under system settings, but have you done the Animation process to confirm? (You keep tapping Software version repeatedly until the animation pops up on the screen to show the actual version)
:cheers:

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I just wish any of these systems would offer the same upgraded google switches like the tesla model. That way we also get the nice chrome bits and access to the track mode with a toggle. Not sure why the tesla is the only model to do so.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Ok the loss of volume control I think is a GT350 bug. It happens when I change the suspension settings. Comparing the steering wheels the controls for the suspension and steering are where the phone controls are on the normal mustang.

Now that ive identified it, its not a big deal. You can remap the steering wheel controls the software for that doesnt do anything (not sure if it wants root) I need to play with that more.

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
I just wish any of these systems would offer the same upgraded google switches like the tesla model. That way we also get the nice chrome bits and access to the track mode with a toggle. Not sure why the tesla is the only model to do so.
Yeah I have the base and one of the pros upgrading to Tesla would to get the 4th toggle switch and get drive mode features with forscan.

I think I'm going to go with this horizontal unit as I think I would prefer horizontal screen better and the physical HVAC buttons are always nice to keep. Just wish the stock mic would integrate without having the run the external mic with this one.

Looking to see what popups with pricing on the group buy.

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
I've made initial contact with the supplier (NOT the reseller this time) and of course since they're in China, it's going to be a slow process due to time zone differences. I think we should know something within a week as far as pricing.
Sponsored