1 of 1 ...................???????

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There was a guy on here who got his R delivered with no wing. He went on and on about how rare it was, but the fact is that is not the kind of rarity collectors are looking for. I have no idea if he ever got it fixed, but that was the consensus from all of us commenting on the thread.
Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
There was a guy on here who got his R delivered with no wing. He went on and on about how rare it was, but the fact is that is not the kind of rarity collectors are looking for. I have no idea if he ever got it fixed, but that was the consensus from all of us commenting on the thread.
Exactly. Lol. The dude in the original post should just replace his damn taillight and keep the pics and old one for the story in the future. My PP1 was an unintentional spoiler delete car too, it actually made the car less valuable because most casual buyers couldn’t tell it was a PP1.

rpinkstn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Magnetic Metallic
I was at Autorama in Houston years ago with a friend of the family who collected Corvettes. There was a white second gen Corvete (I forget what year) that claimed to be a "1 of 1" with that color combination and "disk brake delete" (it had drums at all four corners). The family friend made a similar comment to yours, basically, "Just because it's rare doesn't make it valuable. Who wants a Corvette with drum brakes?"

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I was at Autorama in Houston years ago with a friend of the family who collected Corvettes. There was a white second gen Corvete (I forget what year) that claimed to be a "1 of 1" with that color combination and "disk brake delete" (it had drums at all four corners). The family friend made a similar comment to yours, basically, "Just because it's rare doesn't make it valuable. Who wants a Corvette with drum brakes?"
Yea, people chase that perceived rarity by ordering oddball colors and options. They may convince themselves they have a rare car, but a god awful color and stripe combo leaves a car that has a lot to be desired.

Order what you want and enjoy using the car. That's my thoughts.....

Sponsored

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
My aunt bought new a 1976 Dodge Aspen.
Got it home, said Aspen on one Quarter panel, Volare on the other. Probably be worth a lot today😂😂

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
This kind of thing happens on BMWs too, see it often enough to this day.

ing3nious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mom mobile
What tail light is on the left?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yea, people chase that perceived rarity by ordering oddball colors and options. They may convince themselves they have a rare car, but a god awful color and stripe combo leaves a car that has a lot to be desired.

As long as I can remember, there’s always been some kind of oddball thing (be it cars, art, whatever) that someone will tout as rare, or 1 of 1, and will try to get some inflated price for it. Doesn’t always work, but as the saying goes, there’s a sucker born every minute.

I agree with your last statement. For cars in particular, I buy what I like for me and nobody else. If others like it, great. If not, no skin off my teeth. For stuff around the house, I buy what my wife likes so I don’t have to sleep on the couch 🤣

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Because I could, I ordered a Marti report for my '15 GT out of curiosity. As luck would have it, my '15 GT is a 1-of-1 car. Gasp! The item that made it so (drum roll): a block heater. :cwl: Which was an automatic option because of my DSO. Will it make the car more valuable? Highly unlikely, in my opinion. Still, a friend that works for the local collector car dealer thinks it's worth holding onto, but that's more to do with mileage and condition, I think.

I was most curious about how many Performance Package GTs there were in Magnetic with the Redline interior with no other options. 1 of 69, still an oddball. I won't see myself coming and going at least, and I don't have any crazy notions about retiring early if I sold it.

Sponsored

rpinkstn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Magnetic Metallic

Yup. Well said.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Not confusing - It's being suggested that it happened before he took delivery. Cars come damaged sometimes and the dealer must repair them. "IF" there is more work required to install the wrong light, it's not likely it was a factory mistake, is what they are saying.

It's an oddity, IMO - not something I'd keep repeating at every cars and coffee - I'd fix it.
Yes, I'm not 100% sure but when I changed my taillights I feel like I had to change the connection plugs to make them work. I could be wrong, or later models could have the 'newer' plug. *If* the plug is different, this isn't a factory mistake - it's been done on purpose.

Somebody with a later model gt350 could probably confirm if the taillights are a straight swap or not. I don't believe they are on 2017.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yes, I'm not 100% sure but when I changed my taillights I feel like I had to change the connection plugs to make them work. I could be wrong, or later models could have the 'newer' plug. *If* the plug is different, this isn't a factory mistake - it's been done on purpose.

Somebody with a later model gt350 could probably confirm if the taillights are a straight swap or not. I don't believe they are on 2017.
These are the clear tails that were available on the Ice White package in 2022. They’re just sold under the FP banner now instead of the Ford banner. It does show they’re compatible with the 2015-2017 cars (Shelby’s included) with no modifications even though they are the 2018+ design. That leads me to believe the 2018+ OEM tails are a direct swap with the 2015-2017 tails.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...tyle-with-clear-lens-pair-mustang/p/M13504MC/

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
This kind of thing happens on BMWs too, see it often enough to this day.

I’m on the BMW forums as well, and I sincerely hope no one there sees this thread - will just pour fuel on the fire! While most enthusiasts respect the 350 immensely, I’ll still see the occasional thread calling them rental cars haha…people were super emotional when one of the big outlets compared the dark horse to an M2…that thread got spicy with Ford hate, but I stood up for us I assure you :)

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
These are the clear tails that were available on the Ice White package in 2022. They’re just sold under the FP banner now instead of the Ford banner. It does show they’re compatible with the 2015-2017 cars (Shelby’s included) with no modifications even though they are the 2018+ design. That leads me to believe the 2018+ OEM tails are a direct swap with the 2015-2017 tails.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...tyle-with-clear-lens-pair-mustang/p/M13504MC/
Or aftermarket they may have made it so it would accommodate both right feel like I had to do something to make them work I just can't think of what it is. I know there is at least one other person on this forum that has changed to the GT tail lights also. Hopefully they will chime in
Sponsored