Sponsored

0-60 Times

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Triple Yellow Ecoboost Premium
I have gotten a 5.7s time with a stock, non-PP, automatic on the all-season tires and with a lot of stuff in the trunk and back seats. I just put the car in Track mode and revved to around 2500rpm then let loose.
Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
No I'm sorry I don't have a video. It is very loud though. Doesn't have a real deep tone either unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, that's why I took off the DP... Way too much. I'm much happier with just the MF Comp as a DD. If I don't sell the DP. I may try adding a resonator to the DP or midpipe to see what happens. Not sure. I think my best is still 4.6

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
No manual representing good 0-60??? Just the step on the pedal and mashers??!? Lol I'm just jealous ;)

chriseco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 silver 6spd base ecoboost
Best I could I get is 6.1 non ppl 6spd with and with out traction control
I'm new to stick so any tips on how to launch would be good

chriseco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 silver 6spd base ecoboost
My best was 5.7, manual non pp car around 55* outside. Found it best to short shift a little.
I can't get better then 6.1 if u don't mind how are u shifting are u staying on the throttle ?

Sponsored

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Best I could I get is 6.1 non ppl 6spd with and with out traction control
I'm new to stick so any tips on how to launch would be good
Granted people have done better than me with the same 275 section rear tire, but I hold the clutch right before the engagement point and build revs just under 3k rpm. I launch the car in two steps instead of straight dumping the clutch.

Step 1 - I move the clutch slightly into the engagement point so there is smooth weight transfer onto the rear, then Step-2 I come off quickly while giving full throttle. It all happens pretty fast

Best 60' with that technique for me is a 1.9

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Granted people have done better than me with the same 275 section rear tire, but I hold the clutch right before the engagement point and build revs just under 3k rpm. I launch the car in two steps instead of straight dumping the clutch.

Step 1 - I move the clutch slightly into the engagement point so there is smooth weight transfer onto the rear, then Step-2 I come off quickly while giving full throttle. It all happens pretty fast

Best 60' with that technique for me is a 1.9
The sad truth is, the automatics are a lot quicker than 6mt period on a consistent basis, unless you are a professional or amazing driver

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The sad truth is, the automatics are a lot quicker than 6mt period on a consistent basis, unless you are a professional or amazing driver
Yea its the sad truth. Every time i line up against an auto I'm already predicting the outcome..

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Yea its the sad truth. Every time i line up against an auto I'm already predicting the outcome..
:( sucks because I honestly wasn't aware of this before I purchased. See I come from the school where when I was younger all my cars were 6mt becAuse they were faster and usually a little cheaper. I guess as tech gets better so does the advant of auto cars........I can't believe what a huge difference it is, Especially after an automatic that has tranny tuning....... Smh

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
:( sucks because I honestly wasn't aware of this before I purchased. See I come from the school where when I was younger all my cars were 6mt becAuse they were faster and usually a little cheaper. I guess as tech gets better so does the advant of auto cars........I can't believe what a huge difference it is, Especially after an automatic that has tranny tuning....... Smh

I agree, a manual shift always had the best launch and thats all you needed, those days are gone. The automatic transmissions are way better now. I have a 6 speed and it seems like the only advantage to buying a manual is for the driving enjoyment

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Hey Boosted. Those rims look great on your car with the spacers. What part of Orlando are you in ?

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I agree, a manual shift always had the best launch and thats all you needed, those days are gone. The automatic transmissions are way better now. I have a 6 speed and it seems like the only advantage to buying a manual is for the driving enjoyment
And saving $1000. See I did that so I could get the tech package instead I believe. That was my thinking when I built it on fords website. It was either that or the recaros, and I really loved the recaros. What turned me away was the heated cool thing and color. I love my saddle seats!!!! Anyways, not to get off topic, if any 6mt guys have any suggestions in how to be a better driver... I'm all ears!

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I see you are getting a cobb.... can't it enable "flat foot shifting"? Will that get you closer to an auto?

I'll have to admit, I've only saw a video once or twice in the past 6 months so I'm not expert.

Not even sure if recommended on our turbo 4...

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost