Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150

[ame]

MF Dyno.jpg
Car was 100% stock, with 30 miles on it, Gas in the tank was original from Ford.

No tune was made, zero modifications aside from a cat back exhaust. No headers, OEM cats remained.

Gear dynoed in was 5th with 1:1 drive ratio.

Dyno used was a dynojet.
Multiple factors apply to the restriction, the piping size off the manifolds and for the whole exhaust is actually smaller than 2014, the cars have a super restrictive mufflers that are likely in place to keep it quiet for global standards, as well as the 3 muffler/resonator set up as opposed to the 2 muffler set up we are used to seeing on Mustangs.
baselines were done roughly at noon time, dyno on our comp system was done same day around 2pm. 80s weather low humidity.

we did not cut open the stock exhaust.
The sound suppression within the car is impressive. Generally speaking I tell people you will get some level of drone or resonance with ANY aftermarket exhaust system (if we are really being honest with each other), but I didn't hear any with our street series kit, it was very quiet inside. I attribute that to Ford really stepping it up for global comforts.
Ford Racing advertised 30 lbs weight savings, we got the same savings.
Everyone is free to be a skeptic until they see the gains themselves. However we only released the dyno sheets with Ford's blessings. Not sure what sort of backing anyone else requires. Magnaflow's reputation speaks for itself, we don't exactly make a habit of making up power gains on our products.
Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
At least the stock numbers look about right, not like that Gibson sheet. Still seems like a bunch of power and torque, must have had a tune too.

jrease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
About 370rwhp/350rwtq stock very nice.... im doubtful about the 30+ gains from catback tho. Isn't that what Gibson was claiming?

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Cat back which includes the X pipe..people keep ignoring that. That suitcase might be the culprit.

Btw is that a 14.9% parasitic loss?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The low end torque and top end power jump is appealing. That's 2 for 2 when it comes to these vague exhaust gains that seem unusual.

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Cat back which includes the X pipe..people keep ignoring that. That suitcase might be the culprit.

Btw is that a 14.9% parasitic loss?
Interested in seeing some direct dyno comparisons with catbacks versus a set of mufflers. I wonder how much that resonator is suitcase/resonator/thing is accountable for.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
It's amazing to see how restrictive the oem exhaust is. However I'm not that surprised due to how muted it sounds. I can't remember what thread but there's a good video of a Guard 5.0 drive by. It sounds good but is very muted. Looks like I will be doing exhaust (and tune if required for that bump) for sure to get an easy 400whp plus sound

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
More like 380/355.

31-sema-2014-mustang-preview.jpg
Nice so factory seems under rated again. I mean gaining weight and a more parasitic IRS this new mustang is more impressive

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I don't know about under rated. Accounting for 13% drivetrain loss it's about spot on w/ 435hp. Sure if you use 15% it would seem under rated but I imagine the drivetrain loss is less than 15%. The just under 13% drivetrain loss matches up perfectly for both torque and hp.

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I don't know about under rated. Accounting for 13% drivetrain loss it's about spot on w/ 435hp. Sure if you use 15% it would seem under rated but I imagine the drivetrain loss is less than 15%. The just under 13% drivetrain loss matches up perfectly for both torque and hp.
13% would make sense for the old solid Axel. 15% is more in line with a well built IRS. Just my .2

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Is there something preventing them from actually showing the specs of the test. I mean really guys. The graph means nothing without knowing what was changed between the two.

But as stated, it's nice to at least see the base curves look like they could actually be from a '15 GT.

If that's ONLY an exhaust swap, this things going to be a monster with a tune.

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
looks like all the exhausts are going to have pretty much the same design, likely will produce the same hp/tq gains. doubt it will be as much as in the gibson or this.

i think the big deal is the amount of weight they will save.

beers

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
Pricing?

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
They don't mention of a tune was applied as well.

However, I'd expect a bit more power from a tune.

Maybe ford is purposely restricting the exhaust to make power seem easily attainable?

Do they care about that kind of thing these days?

I hope so. It's does seem like the engine is so vastly improved that they must have limited it with intake and exhaust.

Time will tell.
Sponsored