2015 GT Factory Reinforced Block - Stronger

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

I found this post by Tasca Parts on Facebook yesterday. The post is in the "Anything Coyote Mustang related! 2011 & up Mustangs". If you are on FB, find this group then you can search using Tasca and find the post.

This is very interesting to read this since I have not heard Ford mention this at all. Good news it appears. Folks (big time tuners) are saying this block could take 1000HP+

Here is some info from Tasca and the link to the FB post:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/390786757684390/permalink/650303091732754/

Tasca Parts Yep, appears to be a factory reinforced block for '15. And all Lee Ament notices is the software they're using for the catalog these days.
Yesterday at 11:52am Ā· Like Ā· 6

Tasca Parts I also looked up rods and pistons and it's getting a brand new part number for the pistons but the rods listed are the Boss rods.

Tasca Parts Crank is a new part number as well, '15 block $999.00, '15 crank $345.00.
Yesterday at 1:17pm Ā· Edited Ā· Like Ā· 3

Tasca Parts Those prices are very much subject to change and anyone trying to swap this stuff into an earlier car will be breaking new ground. No clue what might be different.
Sponsored

Sam@Coastal

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2018 GT350R
Very interesting.........

motoroid65

Now THAT is good news. I can't wait to see what this block is capable of

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
This is very good news! Maybe these motors will be like the 03-04 cobra motors. Very exciting to see all this take shape.

Sponsored

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Sounds sexy, wonder what the entire factory engine's limits are. As far as I've heard the 11-14 5.0's limit was about 600rwhp.

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Sweet! This made the homepage of the site :D.

Hopefully we get even more info on the parts/enhancements made to the '15 5.0.

FelixGER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2015 EU / Race Red
Hi Guys :clap2:

I just registered at the forum. IĀ“m from Germany and preordered the 2015 Mustang GT a few weeks ago. Before ordering it I was about to buy a Porsche Cayman S and to be honest, when a friend recommended me to look at the new mustang I said: pfffff......those american cars with their solid axle, their inferior breaks and their "cool" engines which are not even full power steady on a German Autobahn...forget it!

I basically liked american muscle cars for their style, but it seemed they were not suited for the german way to drive and belive me, here it is WAR on the autobahn with trucks going 80 kph on the right lane, Golfs, FocusĀ“, PriusĀ“, on the middle lane and some cars that dare to use the left lane and get "shock and awed" by 300, 400+ HP (@Vmax) cars back to the middle lane. The speed difference between the standard 3 lanes is up to 200 kph if theres no traffic jam....

Yet, I googled a picture of the 2015 mustang and I instantly fell in love with it. It seems Ford put some european style into the design to make it "work" everywhere around the world (I wouldnĀ“t buy a 2014 mustang, it looks ok, but the 2015...:headbonk: just great!)

So I started to get more information. What? They added an all-independent suspension? They improved the quality of the interior (a LOT) ? They made numerous changes to the engine (like
sintered-iron forged rods and springs)? Ok, first you had my curiosity now you have my attention :D

What IĀ“m trying to say...you americans are capable of building exceptional cars, mostly for american roads...up to now. They just have to go 90 miles an hour so the engine does not need to endure Vmax for a long period of time and you donĀ“t have to brake hard from 300 kph. Of course you can build those engines and cars if you look at Nascar or Indycar! Jesus, you can fly to the moon if you want.

ThatĀ“s why the Performance Package will be standard in the european Mustang. With 435 HP and without the Brembos the car would not be allowed on German streets. And believe me, the first thing we will do is to remove any artifical speed limiter and try how fast this car is going!

So the best thing what could happen was that Ford decided to sell the new Mustang all over the world! Because now it MUST endure Vmax (300+ kph) on the narrow German Autobahn with pretty heavy turns in it, it MUST be able to break from Vmax in a descent time!

And thatĀ“s why I ordered one! I loved the American V8 when I first heard it in American movies when i was little. But those US Muscle Cars where made for American roads, not European, not German roads.

Hate me for that comment, but now the Mustang has become adult! ItĀ“s fit for the streets all over the world and THATĀ“S WHY the engine now can take 1000+ horsepower! It just became full throttle steady. Because it had to.

IĀ“m so looking forward to driving this baby as fast as the 6th gear can get me on the autobahn at a sunday night! :headbang: 310, 320 kph? :amen:

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Hi Guys :clap2:

I just registered at the forum. IĀ“m from Germany and preordered the 2015 Mustang GT a few weeks ago. Before ordering it I was about to buy a Porsche Cayman S and to be honest, when a friend recommended me to look at the new mustang I said: pfffff......those american cars with their solid axle, their inferior breaks and their "cool" engines which are not even full power steady on a German Autobahn...forget it!

I basically liked american musle cars for their style, but it seemed they were not suited for the german way to drive and belive me, here it is WAR on the autobahn with trucks going 80 kph on the right lane, Golfs, FocusĀ“, PriusĀ“, on the middle lane and some cars that dare to use the left lane and get "shock and awed" by 300, 400+ HP (@Vmax) cars back to the middle lane. The speed difference between the standard 3 lanes is up to 200+ kph if theres no traffic jam....
Felix,

Just wanted to share my experience on European roads with a Mustang to help reassure you further about buying a Mustang. When I was stationed in Italy I had a 2011 GT that I never drove slower than 200 kph on the autostrada. Some of my trips lasted 3 hours or more. I drove my 2011 up to 240 kph without any worries. I'm sure the 2015 is going to be a lot better than my old 2011 so I'm sure you'll have no problems on the autobahn.

FelixGER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But 240 kph is not Vmax right? My current 250 HP car is going 248 kph (GPS). The C6 Corvette is going 300 kph with 404 HP, so a 2015 Mustang should achieve at least 310 kph.

For example, a Porsche Cayman S with only 325 HP has a Vmax of 283 kph!

BTW: I only drove one american V8 in my life. The Corvette C6. And the torque it delivered from 1500 RPM was just...I could not understand what was happening :hail:

German cars get their power either from a supercharger/turbo or high RPM. ThatĀ“s great and all, but the mere pure torque and feel that a real American V8 creates. LetĀ“s say itĀ“s special. Very special!

IGJoe2192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automobile
Seeing as it is an aluminum block and it has the webbing, It seems they took a page from the Teksid blocks of the mid/late 90's

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
But 240 kph is not Vmax right? My current 250 HP car is going 248 kph (GPS). The C6 Corvette is going 300 kph with 404 HP, so a 2015 Mustang should achieve at least 310 kph.

For example, a Porsche Cayman S with only 325 HP has a Vmax of 283 kph!

BTW: I only drove one american V8 in my life. The Corvette C6. And the torque it delivered from 1500 RPM was just...I could not understand what was happening :hail:

German cars get their power either from a supercharger/turbo or high RPM. ThatĀ“s great and all, but the mere pure torque and feel that a real American V8 creates. LetĀ“s say itĀ“s special. Very special!
Well I really couldn't say how fast the vmax is. The speed limit on the autostrada in Italy is 120 kph so I was already going way over driving at 200. My point was only that my car 0 problems at 200 kph for extended periods of time, and would easily continue to pull to 250 kph. I never went over that honestly. I will say one thing though, the performance pack has 3.75 rear gears, that'll make it more fun around town, but will lower the top speed and raise the RPM the engine is running at, might be a concern at 300 kph, but I don't know. I think the stock ratio would be more suited for the autobahn.

FelixGER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gnihihi! :D Yeah, of course! I never dared to drive faster than 150 on an italian road...the tickets can be outrageously expensive!
Long story short: We will find out the top speed of the 2015 Stang in the next spring. :clap2:
Normally I drive between 160-190 kph. I canĀ“t go any faster for hours, just canĀ“t maintain focus. 200+ is just great for a 3-5 minuts to have some fun, so I would always trade a shorter gearbox for faster acceleration
Sponsored