Sponsored

2015 Mustang Questions & Answers

BrianCotterFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Hi everyone--

I understand that many of you have questions about the 2015 Mustang, very specific details or otherwise.

In this thread I will attempt to get the answers to as many of these questions as possible.

Please keep in mind, there are many things that I cannot confirm at this time (things like rumors, future product plans, etc.)... there are also some things that are not finalized... so please understand when I can't answer such questions.

So, feel free to ask away; I will try to track down as many answers as I can. Finding answers to some questions may take time, so please be patient.

EDIT: Please bold your questions so they are easier for me to keep track of! Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

BrianCotterFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Reserved

Answers:

- Any word on GT MPG ratings?: Not yet, we need to wait for the EPA to publish official numbers before we can discuss them.

- Will stripe packages be available on the GT?: No stripe packages on the GT for now. I am sure there will be plenty of aftermarket suppliers who will offer them, however.

- How long do complimentary SYNC services last?: 2015 Mustangs equipped with My Ford Touch get one year of complimentary SYNC services. Cars equipped with Nav get 5 years of SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link. For reference: http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/fea...page=Feature24;http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/?gnav=header-cars

- What are your impressions of driving the car? Is the 15 Sep gag order a firm date or can we see some on-line reviews sooner?: I can't say anything about drive impressions, but the media will be in cars and reporting on their impressions right around the time-frame that you mention.

- Do we get motorized recline in premium seats?: The seats have a manual recline.

- How does the 50th anniversary appearance package leather (Raven vs. Ebony) differ from the others?: The 50th Anniversary appearance package leather has embossed seat backs. The color is the same even though the names are different.

- Do performance package equipped mustangs have a lower ride height?: Ride height remains the same, but there are a ton of changes made to the suspension system (stiffer springs, different shock tuning, different alignment, etc.) and chassis (increased bracing for improved body stiffness).

- Can you elaborate a little bit more on the "unique chassis tuning" included in the performance pack?: This refers to increased chassis bracing that improves rigidity in combination with specifically tuned shocks, stiffer springs, etc.

- When will ALL the LE's be delivered?: That's hard to address. The LE's will be among the first cars built... as to when "ALL" will be delivered, I don't know specifically.

- Will be the Mustang for Europe produced in the USA?: All 2015 Mustangs will be built at Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Michigan.

- What fuel is used to attain the EPA ratings in the Mustang; 87 or 93?: Yeah, sorry, I can't discuss this until the EPA publishes their figures. I believe they usually address this when their figures are released, however.

- Do the seats have a easy button to release them all the way forward so you don't lose your seat position any time you access the rear seats?: The seat backs have "memory recline," so when the seat backs are folded forward, they return to the angle they were at previously when they are pushed backwards.

- Can you let us know if cars equipped with Redline Recaro's get red stitching OR a solid red piece for the door panels?: Redline Recaro seats have red stitching.

- Does this include the dash, steering wheel, etc? That is where the confusion comes in: The dash has red stitching and door panels have a Redline insert with performance vertical red stitching. The steering wheel has black stitching.

- While we are on the subject of Recaro seats, does the premium leather Recaro seats have the heating and cooling option?: The Recaro seats do not have heating and cooling.

- Yes it's power (EB Premium) but I was curious if the base moved with the back to make getting in and out easier. Power is slow, it's easier if it moves when the recline is released: I don't think that would be possible with a motorized seat bottom, but I don't know that for a fact.

- Is the logo on the front windshield going to be "Ford" or the mustang pony? Is it the same for all trim levels?: The Ford oval will be on the windshield on all models.

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
What trims get a soft upper door treatment?

Do we get motorized recline in premium seats?

I'll think of some more

Is the Sync Services that comes with Nav, 60 months complimentary as stated in the dealer source book?

there are mixed answers from dealerships and i've only found two sources which indicate 60 months. The dealer source book and an autotrader article, SiriusXM.com, and several other online news articles

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Do performance package equipped mustangs have a lower ride height?

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
I think one of the burning questions (unless I missed the answer) is which lower grille comes with a 50th anniversary appearance pack GT equipped with ACC?

Also thanks for doing this Brian. This is great that Ford is reaching out directly to us on here. :)

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
How many s550 is the Flat Rock Factory churning out as of today (average per day).

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And I agree with the above. It's very much appreciated to have someone from Ford chime in on this enthusiast site. Clearly Ford has been watching the other threads requesting someone hop on here and say hello :ford:

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What trims get a soft upper door treatment? Do we get motorized recline in premium seats? I'll think of some more

Is the Sync Services that comes with Nav, 60 months complimentary as stated in the dealer guide? there are mixed answers from dealerships and i've only found two sources which indicate 60 months. The dealer guide and an autotrader article
Our dealer trainer told us yesterday that sync services would only be complimentary for one year on the new 2015 Mustangs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT | 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Do performance package equipped mustangs have a lower ride height?
^This

And can you elaborate a little bit more on the "unique chassis tuning" included in the performance pack?

RMS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 EB, custom pack
Shall the GT strut tower brace fit on an EB Mustang?