firstmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
QuantumTug
[8/16/14 UPDATE with Ford Press Release & Photo]:
IMG_5056_1024.jpg

Testing on All-New Right-Hand-Drive Mustang Begins

• Ford’s new Mustang goes on sale this fall in the U.S. and globally in more than 120 countries next year

• This is the first time in 50 year history that the Ford Mustang will be available in a factory-built right-hand-drive configuration

• More than 25 new right-hand-drive markets will be able to purchase the new Mustang, including the United Kingdom, Australia and South Africa
For the first time ever, a right-hand-drive Ford Mustang will roll off a Ford assembly line when global production begins. The addition of a right-hand-drive Mustang to Ford’s lineup of global vehicles will allow the iconic pony car to be exported to more than 25 right-hand-drive markets around the world, including the United Kingdom, Australia and South Africa.

Mustang engineers recently finished construction of the very first right-hand-drive sixth-generation Mustang. The prototype Mustang will be used to conduct various development tests in preparation for the car’s entry into the global market in the coming months.

While the United States is the largest market for Mustang with more than 9.2 million sales since the car’s debut in 1964, more than 161,000 Mustangs have been sold outside of North America in that time. In 2012 alone, more than 4,000 Mustangs were sold in 35 countries outside of North America, ranging from the United Arab Emirates to Chile to the Philippines.

While Mustang has more than 100 fan clubs around the globe, and was recently voted "Europe's Most Wanted Classic Car" by AutoScout24, bringing a right-hand-drive Mustang to market will allow more enthusiasts to experience the car than ever before.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-all-new-right-hand-drive-mustang-begins.html
Well as we all know LHD production has started but when can we expect to see RHD being produced ? Not that you guy's in north America probably care and more interested when you will see your left handers.

Can production of LHD and RHD happen in unison or will ford run batches every couple of months to satisfy the relatively small RHD requirements.
RHD_Mustang.jpg
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Last night at the Mustang Heroes banquet organized by the local SE Michigan Mustang club, we were treated to a line lock demonstration by the Chief Engineer in a RHD GT convertible prototype. Awesome to see him get out of the right side!

OP
OP
firstmustang

firstmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
QuantumTug
Last night at the Mustang Heroes banquet organized by the local SE Michigan Mustang club, we were treated to a line lock demonstration by the Chief Engineer in a RHD GT convertible prototype. Awesome to see him get out of the right side!
Interesting, thats #1. I'm guessing preproduction and not off the assembly line.

Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Yes, it will be nice to know when we will get them in the UK to.
I am guessing around June next year at the earliest.
Will be nice to see a Mustang with the steering whell on the correct side!

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(

Hey now! That bad boy has been available only here in the US for 50 years so it has been on the correct side all this time. Now they are just playing around for fun! :jester:

Don't make me throw tea in the harbor!

I have always thought it funny that the US in the early days was like a kid that had been in timeout til he was 18...turns 18 and takes everything his parents did and does the opposite lol. All the way down to the system of measurements!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Yes, it will be nice to know when we will get them in the UK to.
I am guessing around June next year at the earliest.
Plenty with the wheel on the correct side right now. :D

crysalis_01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Terminator Cobra
If not a factory made layout, who is responsible for the likes of the 110 or so 2002 SVT Cobras that were/are RHD? I'm genuinely curious.

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Oh really? I thought they only made them in LHD up till now!
I think the RHD models will also come with some special RHD blinker fluid. If not make sure you pick some up. You may have to pop the TRUNK or HOOD to find a GRAY COLOR ALUMINUM filler hole. ;)

Cheers. :D

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I think the RHD models will also come with some special RHD blinker fluid. If not make sure you pick some up. You may have to pop the TRUNK or HOOD to find a GRAY COLOR ALUMINUM filler hole. ;)

Cheers. :D
TRUNK, HOOD? Nope, not with you there. I thought this was a forum about the Ford Mustang
BTW, you have your spelling all wrong. Mind you, I think the moderators need to look at the spell checker on this forum as when I write colour it gets underlined in red! Weird. I cant be wrong cos I am English!

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
TRUNK, HOOD? Nope, not with you there. I thought this was a forum about the Ford Mustang
BTW, you have your spelling all wrong. Mind you, I think the moderators need to look at the spell checker on this forum as when I write colour it gets underlined in red! Weird. I cant be wrong cos I am English!
You may have to schedule a time with a moderator to clear it up. :)

Have some fish and fries in the meantime, but don't eat too much or you could end up in THE hospital. ;)

Say Hi to the Queen for me. :D
We will work on those wrong hand drive dashes for y'all. :headbang:

OP
OP
firstmustang

firstmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
QuantumTug
If not a factory made layout, who is responsible for the likes of the 110 or so 2002 SVT Cobras that were/are RHD? I'm genuinely curious.

Converted to RHD by Ford Australia, retailed for about $85K if memory serves me right although the sell was hard and Ford discounted towards the end for $65K end of deal.
Sponsored