Sponsored

Recovery point for tow truck?

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Something is wrong with the clutch in my car and it won't move from my garage. ford roadside service is going to come pick it up and take it to the dealer on Monday. I'm hoping the tow driver will know a good spot to hook the winch to but I don't see one. Where are the recommended recovery points on these cars? The manual doesn't say, and I just don't want the driver to hook to the easiest thing he sees like the sway bar, tie rod, etc.

I'm also a little concerned about clearance. The car is lowered an inch and I've never scraped anything driving it, but the extreme angle of the tow truck bed may pose a problem?

if I'd known, I would've gotten one of those nice tow hooks from zl1 addons.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure tow truck driver uses some sort of ramps to get you onto the flatbed. A few pieces of 2x4 on each side should do the trick. I've had drivers try to pull me up on the flatbed and scrape the front splitter (I'm not lowered). Guy was saying "it's ok... it's made to be scraped on bottom." I told him to take a hike.

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I've gone through painstaking efforts to never scrape the splitter on this car. I'm not willing to let this change that.

Can they pull the car up backwards? Seems like there's more places to hook on the back of the car.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
There is slots stamped into your frame that he will insert tow hooks into. I'd just make sure your there and let him know that your really anal and this car is your baby. If you ever haul your car on a trailer, once you drive it on your better off using wheel straps or criss crossing 2 straps both front/rear and strapping the straps to the lower control arms when securing it in place. Put the car in park or gear set e-brake and just snug straps, no need honker down on them. Good luck!
Sponsored