Sponsored

Pypes Long tube headers fitment issues!

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
This scares me to death about headers. My engine is lowered a 1/2" and my suspension is also lowered. I may just do a cat delete kit and call it a day.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JuRuKi

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
This scares me to death about headers. My engine is lowered a 1/2" and my suspension is also lowered. I may just do a cat delete kit and call it a day.
My car is only lowered 1.5 inches front 1.0 rear and i have around 3 inches from the ground to the headers. Average speed bump bump height in the US is 3-4 inches (google search). God help me when i have to go over a bump thats 4 inches in height.
If I only knew they were gonna hang this low i would have gone with MAK cat deletes :frusty:

OP
OP
JuRuKi

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
that sucks. Have you contacted the vendor? They'll do their best to deny a problem exists, just keep after them.
Denial is what im getting so far. They say headers fit differently in every car and that even if they sent me a new set, fitment will be just as bad lol.

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
I have Pypes, was told I woukd have no issues with the ac bolt and I havd a really annoying rattle, so it took me some sweet time to get the ac bolt out of the way from above and on the passenger side it hangs lower as well about an 1" but hasn't caused me any scraping issues so far though, except for that, the install was pretty straight forward and had nothing else to say that even though I would have like to be warned about the ac bolt but was told by the vendor that only 1 in a 100 had that issue and should not worry about it, but I guess I was the 100th lol

The pictures need to be tilted clockwise
IMG_0326.jpg
IMG_0331.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
JuRuKi

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Yup im here at the shop trying to get the ac bolt out of the way. Took the chance to take some pictures of my clearance issue with my o2 bung

Thats with the L shaped 02 extension i bought. Without it theres no way it would clear the brace.

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
where did you get the l shape extension

OP
OP
JuRuKi

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
OP
OP
JuRuKi

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
So just left the shop and im finally rattle free! We had to cut part of the bolt sticking out and all is good now.

Shadow5_0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Sooo umm I'm a little confused whats the point in the "L" shaped adapter???

Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
The o2 senor would not screw into the pipe because the crossmember bolt head was in the way.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
blows my mind headers cost so much and fit like hell and always have clearance issues.

it shouldnt be rocket math to put the damn 02 sensors where they dont hit anything!

Shadow5_0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
From what I'm seeing in these pics it looks like fitment issues are only with the catted version.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
i posted my arh above, and i think we measure a stainless power the other day and it was 1/2 to 3/4" below too

i think kooks is the tightest, since its a mid length design the collector is further up
Someone help me understand why I'd want a mid-length over a "longer length" or vice versa.
Sponsored