Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hear the 2018 Mustang GT with active exhaust in track mode:

https://soundcloud.com/fordmotorcompany/mustang-exhaust-ringtone

Fans of the Mustang and all Ford Performance cars can now enjoy the sound of a powerful V8 engine every time their phones ring. Introducing the Mustang ringtone, available as a free download now!

This ringtone captures the rev and roar of the 2018 Ford Mustang, featuring the Active Valve Performance Exhaust. The system is optional on the 5.0L V8 engine available in the Mustang. It allows you to choose among four exhaust modes – Quiet, Normal, Sport and Track – simply by pressing the new Pony button on the steering wheel and toggling through the menu on the digital cluster.

To create the ringtone that you can download now, Ford engineers mounted microphones on a Mustang GT equipped with the new Active Valve Performance Exhaust. They recorded the sound of the valves opening and closing as the car revved in Track mode.

Click here to download your free 2018 Ford Mustang ringtone! Directions on how to add the ringtone to your smartphone are just below.

Android Devices
  • Download the ringtone by clicking here.
  • From your home screen, open up the options window where all of your apps are located and scroll to the cog icon to enter Settings.
  • Click on “My Device”
  • Click “Sound”
  • Click “Ringtones”
  • Click “Add” at bottom of the page
  • Click “Sound Picker” to find the mp3 file you downloaded previously.
  • In Songs select “XXX-nameoffile.mp3”
  • Click the green circle next to filename.
  • Click “Done” in top right of screen.
  • Your ringtone should now be set to the Mustang Engine.

Apple iPhone

• Download the ringtone on your desktop or laptop by clicking here.
  • Open iTunes on your desktop/laptop computer.
  • Drag the .mp3 file directly into iTunes.
  • Save the file to your desktop. Next, drag it directly into iTunes. (Make sure you have the “Tones” folder checked in your iTunes preferences before dragging the file.
  • The file will become visible in your “Tones” subfolder. Play the file to test.
  • Sync the ringtone to your iPhone by plugging your iPhone into your desktop/laptop computer and then select/sync the ringtone to your iPhone.
  • Once the file is visible in your “tones” folder in your iPhone menu (in iTunes), you can disconnect your iPhone from your desktop/laptop.
  • On your iPhone, select the “XXX-nameoffile.mp3” ringtone and enable it for a new or existing contact.

https://social.ford.com/en_US/story...ance/you-need-this-free-mustang-ringtone.html
Sponsored

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible PP
How does it actually download? It just keeps opening it in the SoundCloud app

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Cool feature but i wish they hade the FPC ringtone available as well ! :(

Just checked out the IPhone APP and ringtone is not free .

Sponsored

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Downloadable ringtone? What is it, 2005?

Sarcasm aside, I might just download this for the heck of it even though I can't even remember the last time I had my phone's ringer turned on.

Edit: nevermind, not a fan of how the sound is from an automatic. Not knocking the auto but I just love how my car sounds as I'm shifting through the gears.

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
I want to hear it rowing through the gears............manual!
Steve McQueen did!

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'm in the middle of something but those iOS/iTunes instructions don't sound correct (you need to go AAC (M4A) then dupe to a M4R), will confirm in a few ...

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Downloadable ringtone? What is it, 2005?

Sarcasm aside, I might just download this for the heck of it even though I can't even remember the last time I had my phone's ringer turned on.

Edit: nevermind, not a fan of how the sound is from an automatic. Not knocking the auto but I just love how my car sounds as I'm shifting through the gears.
How do you know when you are being called if you don't have a ringer turned on. For that matter what is significant about 2005 and downloadable ringtones. I don't think that I have bought a phone that comes with a decent ring tone so I usually use a downloaded tone.
Sponsored