Sponsored

Mustangs (and more) on the way from the Port of Baltimore!

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Hey there UK. Figured I'd post this up just for fun. I'm a consulting engineer in Baltimore, MD. Some of my projects are down at the Port of Baltimore. I happened to be there today and WOW, there are a TON of Mustangs heading out! Not sure where they will all end up but many of the ones I saw were RHD and had the white taillights so obviously not US spec.

Coincidentally, they were actually loading them, along with other Ford vehicles and trucks, while I was there. I got some puzzled looks when I was driving my S550 GT going the other way, towards the gate! Lol.

On to some pics!

P.S. - Unfortunately, I don't work for Ford or for the port so I can't tell u the status of "your" specific car. There's just way too many down there!
IMG_4373.jpg
IMG_4374.jpg
IMG_4375.jpg
IMG_4380.jpg
IMG_4381.jpg
IMG_4382.jpg
IMG_4384.jpg
IMG_4456.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
MSMStannyl

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To even things out, here's some stuff that it looks like we got from overseas, waiting to be distributed across the US.

Tons of Range Rovers and Jaguars. I mean row upon row of them coming through.

Some Nissans

Lots of BMW's, including 2 of the new M4 GTS's!! Very cool car!

EDIT: Corrected "M3" to "M4".
IMG_4367.jpg
IMG_4371.jpg
IMG_4372.jpg
IMG_4376.jpg
IMG_4378.jpg
IMG_4379.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MSMStannyl

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New Raptor!!

Last but not least, say hello to the new Raptor!! Looks like 2 or 3 of them. I don't know where these are going unfortunately. It's hard to explain just how huge the Port is. Even with the Mustangs, there's probably 4 or 5 different lots filled with hundreds of them. Not sure what's going where. That said, I'm assuming that these will end up overseas judging by where they were sitting, but what do I know...
Raptors!.jpg

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Where were you last year? Mine was born a year ago yesterday ;)

OP
OP
MSMStannyl

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where were you last year? Mine was born a year ago yesterday ;)
You have no idea at just how massive a complex the Dundalk Marine Terminal is! HUGE parking lots filled with cars coming and going. Many times, they're all over the place. As I mentioned today, there were several different lots filled with Mustangs (and other vehicles). I assume each lot is coming or going somewhere different. Even if I would've wanted to find a specific car, it would probably take days to go through them all!

Look at the bright side, apparently someone in Europe (I assume) will be getting a new Raptor!

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You have no idea at just how massive a complex the Dundalk Marine Terminal is! HUGE parking lots filled with cars coming and going. Many times, they're all over the place. As I mentioned today, there were several different lots filled with Mustangs (and other vehicles). I assume each lot is coming or going somewhere different. Even if I would've wanted to find a specific car, it would probably take days to go through them all!

Look at the bright side, apparently someone in Europe (I assume) will be getting a new Raptor!
Ever flat rock car to Europe goes through Baltimore port IIRC, then onto Zeebrugge, bremhaven etc, actually, I think every export car goes there IIRC (Not sure for Auz/Asia)

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Lots of BMW's, including 2 of the new M3 GTS!! Very cool car!
I'm not sure what those bm's are. They have M4 GTS wheels but the spoiler is different and I don't see a roll cage.

SteamPlane

Car, beer & whisky nerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT Convertible
Ever flat rock car to Europe goes through Baltimore port IIRC, then onto Zeebrugge, bremhaven etc, actually, I think every export car goes there IIRC (Not sure for Auz/Asia)
All the cars destined for the Pacific (Aus, NZ, Japan, etc.) go through Baltimore port as well. Our ships then go down to Savannah (I assume to pick-up BMW X vehicles), then through the Panama canal and on to destination.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
All the cars destined for the Pacific (Aus, NZ, Japan, etc.) go through Baltimore port as well. Our ships then go down to Savannah (I assume to pick-up BMW X vehicles), then through the Panama canal and on to destination.
Knew an auzzie would know! looks like Baltimore gets EVERRRYTHING :lol::thumbsup:

Sponsored

KS50GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Coupe
On to some pics!

P.S. - Unfortunately, I don't work for Ford or for the port so I can't tell u the status of "your" specific car. There's just way too many down there!
Omg! Thankyou so much for sharing, mine is somewhere, in that lot.
She sets sail 13/1 on the Tiger, headed down under. I can't believe I actually got to see where she is. Thank-you! :cheers:

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Very interesting - and I am pleased they are parked "properly" with good gaps between the rows. I live near Southampton and the equivalent area here is so much smaller -and much more tightly packed!

Do they not use the transport covers any more...?

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Very interesting - and I am pleased they are parked "properly" with good gaps between the rows. I live near Southampton and the equivalent area here is so much smaller -and much more tightly packed!

Do they not use the transport covers any more...?
Looks like they've been line locking them to death before shipping ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like they've been line locking them to death before shipping ;)
Think they let them sit in about 7ft of snow too, just to test the lack of underseal ;)
Sponsored