Sponsored

500RWHP NA

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I have been playing with the idea for a while now of getting a Whipple but think for 99.9% of what I want it would be overkill and would not play as well with AutoX or SPDE as a good NA build. with that in mind what would you guys think are the steps to try and get to about 500RWHP? I need to keep it emissions legal in TN (No check engine light, complete readiness cycles and have something that looks like a Cat under it)

GT350 IM
JLT CAI
Kooks Longtube Catted headers
Lund or other tune

What else do you think it would take? I know this list will not get me there and I do not want to switch to E85 due to availability.
Sponsored

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
I have been playing with the idea for a while now of getting a Whipple but think for 99.9% of what I want it would be overkill and would not play as well with AutoX or SPDE as a good NA build. with that in mind what would you guys think are the steps to try and get to about 500RWHP? I need to keep it emissions legal in TN (No check engine light, complete readiness cycles and have something that looks like a Cat under it)

GT350 IM
JLT CAI
Kooks Longtube Catted headers
Lund or other tune

What else do you think it would take? I know this list will not get me there and I do not want to switch to E85 due to availability.
Cams.

16_DIB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hector
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
e85 or meth

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
He stated he didn't want E85 and even so, it isn't getting him even close. With those mods and E85, he might see around the 460whp range.

16_DIB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hector
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
He stated he didn't want E85 and even so, it isn't getting him even close. With those mods and E85, he might see around the 460whp range.
I know. I am emphasizing that without e85 or meth he wont even get close.

Sponsored

OP
OP

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
i know those mods wont get me there that is just the start of what I am thinking. so the only other thing I have read besides E85 is Cams. Any recommendation there? anyone got close to 500 with 93?

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
Not sure if anyone has tried ported heads, intake, and cams? I'd think with that, e85, can probably get really close to that number.

Problem is dyno numbers are so skewed, you need to have a before and after to really see the difference. Then that difference can serve a bench mark to compare where your really at. Comparing to other dynos, different parts of the world, different calibrations, temperatures, elevation, etc all play a factor.

OP
OP

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Not sure if anyone has tried ported heads, intake, and cams? I'd think with that, e85, can probably get really close to that number.

Problem is dyno numbers are so skewed, you need to have a before and after to really see the difference. Then that difference can serve a bench mark to compare where your really at. Comparing to other dynos, different parts of the world, different calibrations, temperatures, elevation, etc all play a factor.
fully understood that a Dyno is just a tuning tool I was just interested to see if anyone has broken or come close to my goal on their local dyno so I had a ballpark idea of what to do. the 500 number is just a number not a dead set "Look at me I made ### HP" thing but most cars I have run in that basic range felt good and I think the NA route would work well for long HSDE track runs.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase

From what I have read, it takes quite a bit to get to 500RWHP which is why I'll settling for 500HP at the crank. The mods you got plus ported everything, a stage 3 camshaft (the high RPM one), and a damn good tune (not a canned one, someone actually sits down with your car and gets it done right) is what I have been told it will take to get there. I checked pricing for all this and daaaaamn :eyebulge:, I can see why forced induction is so popular. Though I'm with you, I rather be NA.

Question is what will you use it for. If it is a exclusive track car, I totally see this being a reality for you if your wallet can handle it. If you drive it on the street, the dynos I have seen show a significant bottom end loss in order to get the upper range gain. Granted, you'll have more torque that a Prius at the bottom but it likely won't be fun to drive on the street.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
500WHP is gonna be tough because you will be almost making 550-570hp at the crank.
I mean there are ways to achieve that but it's not gonna worth it. You gonna have to have cams and better rotating parts or even flat crank conversion to spin the engine higher than the Voodoo which is already at 8500rpm redline.

Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I've got all of those mods including a ported gt350 intake and I didn't make 500 whp. You need cams and e85 at a minimum.

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You have a few options/outcomes:

1) All the available power bolts-ons and accept high 300's-low 400's RWHP.

2) Same as above + cams, ported heads and maybe approach mid 400's RWHP on 93? Probably won't be emissions legal without messing with CEL's. Lot of money for just another 50 or so RWHP; I don't like the return on investment but if you have the extra money then who cares.

3) Base Centrifugal unit with standard supplied tune, OPG, TG and get mid 500's RWHP. Maybe even a larger than supplied pulley to reduce boost and power. Might be cheaper than option 2 and wouldn't be a hindrance doing AutoX and would pass emissions. But yeah might be overkill for what you are wanting.

All of this is just my opinion. Good luck with the decision!

OP
OP

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
From what I have read, it takes quite a bit to get to 500RWHP which is why I'll settling for 500HP at the crank. The mods you got plus ported everything, a stage 3 camshaft (the high RPM one), and a damn good tune (not a canned one, someone actually sits down with your car and gets it done right) is what I have been told it will take to get there. I checked pricing for all this and daaaaamn :eyebulge:, I can see why forced induction is so popular. Though I'm with you, I rather be NA.

Question is what will you use it for. If it is a exclusive track car, I totally see this being a reality for you if your wallet can handle it. If you drive it on the street, the dynos I have seen show a significant bottom end loss in order to get the upper range gain. Granted, you'll have more torque that a Prius at the bottom but it likely won't be fun to drive on the street.
She is a daily and will be getting so HSDE and AutoX use. My main focus is suspension but a little more kick would help.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
You can buy a camaro, those hit damn near 500hp with common bolt-ons. Just saying
Sponsored