Sponsored

Challenger to Mustang

Jlab541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65Fastback
Hi about 8 months ago I defected from Mustang to a Challenger.
Presently closing a deal to get a 2015 GT Premium Performance Package.
Looking forward to be back in a new Mustang.

Are there members here that have regrets of a first year model?
This car was built mid January of 2015. There have not been any warranty issues to date and car has 2800 miles.
Sponsored

Fryguy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
I have a later build 2015 GT PP as well and other than a few dash rattles and a slightly misaligned hood it's been perfect. I fixed the dash rattles fairly easily.

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
What didn't you like about the Challenger? I've thought about going from the Mustang to the Challenger.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If you have lot's of time and you enjoy reading,you can search threads for problems on the S550,Fires,water leaks,back window doesn't fit right.paint problems,body panels don't fit right,door spring recall,rattles,sqeeks,remote start&door lock malfunctions,engine stalling,brakes that sqeek,interior and seat problems, Ecoboost engines letting go,this is just to name a few of the many problems,Good luck!:amen:

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
What didn't you like about the Challenger? I've thought about going from the Mustang to the Challenger.
It is a huge car and drives like one. I tested drove an SRT8, and it was like a tank.....

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jlab541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65Fastback
It is a huge car and drives like one. I tested drove an SRT8, and it was like a tank.....
I got an RT Plus with Classic Package. While it is ver retro, it is a big car and feels it. It has pep but nothing like a 5.0. I agree with it being a tank.

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
I've driven quite a few different Challengers and while it is a big car, I like how it looks and it rides nice. I'm probably not like most of you guys on here who want to race or road track these cars. I just want a comfortable and powerful cruiser so the size of the car is not that big of a deal to me.
The 5.7L hemi cars are not as powerful as the 5.0 and so if I ever did get a Challenger, it would have to at least have the 6.4L

A few things that I don't like about them is the cylinder de-activation system and the fact that they have a lot of electronics that don't seem to be all that reliable if you read on the Challenger forums. It seems like they also have a lot of other little issues that I don't really want to deal with. Plus they are more expensive than comparable Mustangs.

In reality I probably won't ever get a Challenger but you never know.

Wayne

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I have a 2011 Ram truck and if my mother hadn't bought for me (she was 87 at the time), I would get rid of it because they are just not real reliable. Little stuff falls off of it and despite having only 20,000 miles on it and weekly washings, it is starting to rust.

Not a Chrysler fan.

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
I had a 2008 Mustang GT vert, sold it for a Challenger SRT8 which I owned for 4 years, and am now in a 2016 GT/CS vert.

My SRT8 was wickedly fast for a big car. I had no problems with it whatsoever. It was roomy, comfortable, and had a HUGE trunk. Yes, the 5.7L Hemi is a dog, but the 6.4L Hemi is like a rocket.

The only reason I went back to the Mustang is, well, I've always liked Mustangs--as long as I can drop the top!

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
I have a 2011 Ram truck and if my mother hadn't bought for me (she was 87 at the time), I would get rid of it because they are just not real reliable. Little stuff falls off of it and despite having only 20,000 miles on it and weekly washings, it is starting to rust.

Not a Chrysler fan.
I have a 2005 Ram with >110k miles, and it still is running strong. I've had no major problems with it, and except for routine maintenance, and a few little things, it only costs me gas and insurance to run.

My next truck will definitely be another Ram.

Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I sat in a Hellcat and hated the interior and ergonomics. Yeah, I'm sure it's a fast beast but I'm not driving balls to the wall 24/7. They're kinda cool, but a little too retro inside and out for me. I'd like to see them modernize the design. For the record, I also hated the retro design that Mustang went with back in 2004. It wasn't until the 197 and 550 that I really got drawn back in.

I see the Challengers everywhere, though. More than Camaros here in FL.

klink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS, 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT
I kept going back and forth between buying a new GT and a Challenger....drove them both, and got the SRT 6.4 Hemi Challenger. What a great decision. Big, beautiful, fast as hell and I can still put people in the back seat and luggage in the trunk. Wonderful car.

OP
OP

Jlab541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65Fastback
6.4 was not in my budget at the time optioned the way I want. The 5.7 isn't Cutting it for me.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I bought my 2015 GT Prem used with high miles. Been fine and runs strong, but did need a whole new A/C just out of warranty at about 37k miles. Lucky it came with a warranty from the dealer as it would have cost around $1400.
Sponsored