Sponsored

Florida Driving roads

davejonnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Florida is so damn boring as far as driving goes (not to mention the utterly terrible drivers in general)! Any cool roads to drive around in South FL? Preferably with some twists and stuff!
Sponsored

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
<crickets>

Dude - Florida sucks for driving roads. At least south FLA doesn't have I-10. When I did a couple month stint in Pensacola, I'd drive home to Jax every couple weeks. I got so bored I started measuring straight-aways. The record was 7.2 miles with no turns, no curves, no hills, not even a hump over a drainage ditch...

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
the naturecoast is FILLED with 2 lane curvy country roads....

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Yeah good luck! Even if you find one there's probably an LEO enjoying his lunch somewhere along that stretch waiting for a ricer to go flying by. They know the good roads and have a quota to meet. That's how I got busted on a quad! Popped out of the trees and they were sitting right there literally eating lunch...

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Lake County Florida has many enjoyable roads

Sponsored

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
i live in jax... there is nothing here... i hate driving in FL... everybody drive slow and bad, and everything is flat and straight...

i used to live in 2 countries full of mountain rd... here i enjoy every turn i can find... they are like unicorns

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I miss Long Island only for that very reason.
Driving is S. Fla makes me rethink why anyone including myself wastes money on a nice car.
You may as well attach yourself to the bumper of the car ahead of you and wait until you get where your going and then detach.
Horrible.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
Driving is S. Fla makes me rethink why anyone including myself wastes money on a nice car.
You may as well attach yourself to the bumper of the car ahead of you and wait until you get where your going and then detach.
Horrible.
another long island transplant! ive been down here 2 weeks now, the only good driving road appears to be bradenton motorsports park or sebring raceway..lol

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
You pretty much have to go North of I4 to find any roads worth driving. Even then they are pretty lame. Closest great roads are North Georgia. Start planning a yearly vacation. :frusty:

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
another long island transplant! ive been down here 2 weeks now, the only good driving road appears to be bradenton motorsports park or sebring raceway..lol

I might be able to help you. There are a couple of roads that offer 3-6 turns that I can point you towards. Not worth the drive for anyone else but since your already in B-town....

Verna Rd South of Fruitville is the best we have close. SR62 out to Bunker Hill Rd East of Parrish. Turn left on Taylor Grade. When you hit 674, it's over. Turn around and go back the way you came.:(

Sponsored

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
Sebring, PBIR, Homestead Motor Speedway, Daytona, are the Droids you are looking for. Or you can AutoX with Gulf Coast Autoxers, various PCA chapters or the SCCA. No LEOs or Q tips to be found. ;)

Peter

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Pasco county, southwest Polk, southeast Hillsboro all have some good roads around me. Lots in other areas, just have to know people who know the region.

Look for clubs that have monthly 'cruises' and you'll be on the right track.

Better yet, we have road courses all over the state; The FIRM, Sebring, Daytona, PBIR, Homestead...

SrqGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp
Zero roads near Sarasota. Very sad only fun I have is going down sr70 at 1 am

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Zero roads near Sarasota. Very sad only fun I have is going down sr70 at 1 am
Not too much there for sure. When you're east on 70 try some random side roads. Often they are either straight as an arrow or will have lots of turns as they go around old property lines.

Vinny_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT PP
Horrible.
Careful what you wish for, Long Island (at least Nassau) is like one big parking lot these days. At least you don't have icy winter roads (not to mention MASSIVE potholes) and can enjoy your car year round!
Sponsored