Sponsored

Diode Dynamics Switchback Resistors

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Has anybody with the switchback turn signals installed the resistors to stop the internal signal hyperblink? I am not very good at mechanical/ electrical things but figure this can't be too hard.

Anybody have any tips or anything on how to put these things on? Let me know!! Thanks in advance :)
Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Has anybody with the switchback turn signals installed the resistors to stop the internal signal hyperblink? I am not very good at mechanical/ electrical things but figure this can't be too hard.

Anybody have any tips or anything on how to put these things on? Let me know!! Thanks in advance :)
Diode said they weren't making them. But, I ordered these and they're perfection. Both the female end (for the light) and the male end (to go to the cars harness) snap in solidly and they work perfectly. No double blink whatsoever. I couldn't be happier for the price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331667262928?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Zip Tied up and placed near the other harness, but away from the actual wires. If it weren't pouring down rain I'd take a picture.

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
Zip Tied up and placed near the other harness, but away from the actual wires. If it weren't pouring down rain I'd take a picture.
So they are not mounted to steel to wick away the heat they generate....

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
So they are not mounted to steel to wick away the heat they generate....
Unlike most others (including the splice-ins), these have heat sinks on the load resistors. I've left the lights on for a fairly long time and I could still touch them (though uncomfortable). Any screw down underneath to sheetmetal or frame would have to be drilled, which I think is unnecessary. The holes on the heatsink themselves are too small for any existing mount point.

DJ Red Barron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat / 1986 Buick GN

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
Surprised Diode Dynamics couldn't buy these in bulk and repackage them to seek them at a profit lol I'm sure people would pay...

They posted on how they spent more than they were willing to spend on research and development on this that they eventually gave up. This is pretty much what they were after to begin with.

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I was incredibly, and pleasantly pleased. I ordered their switchbacks as well (just the 7443; I got my T-10s elsewhere for the front side markers).

And I agree - someone could buy these and repackage them and probably make a profit. They're a great buy for those like us that don't want to splice into our wires.

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Ordered on the 14th, arrived on the 16th. I put them in this morning. Like JeffryDJ I tie wrapped them in place. There's really no good place to mount the resistors to metal. 10 minute job and no more clippity clop signals.

stevelp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GT PP
I just installed a set of these, work great. Though I don't like the connector that goes into the oem harness, as it feels like it could come loose. So I ended up putting a bit of electrical tape on it, and zip tying the resistors to hang just below fog light harness in such a way that it wouldn't sway when the vehicle is in motion. Other than that they work great.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I just installed a set of these, work great. Though I don't like the connector that goes into the oem harness, as it feels like it could come loose. So I ended up putting a bit of electrical tape on it, and zip tying the resistors to hang just below fog light harness in such a way that it wouldn't sway when the vehicle is in motion. Other than that they work great.
One side of mine was a little loose the first time; I just unsnapped at reposition and it snapped in solidly. Electrical tape isn't a bad idea though.
Sponsored