Sponsored

Gt500 mufflers on 2015 *pics and vid*

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
So I picked up some GT500 mufflers locally. Decided to paint the muffler and clean up the tips yesterday. Today I went to a local shop and had them installed. The rest of the exhaust is stock and longtubes will likely go on next week. Sound good, a bit louder and deeper than stock and just over 350 with installation will likely beats all aftermarket axlebacks. As far as install, $120, they used all my factory piping, cut the inlet to the new muffler and all the hangers, cut the inlet and first bend of my factory muffler and trimmed it to fit the GT500 muffler and added a hanger to the factory location. I'll be happy to take pics of the underside if needed. Or more vids.

GT500 mufflers only
[ame]

GT500 mufflers only. cold start.
[ame]

SP catted longtubes/GT500 mufflers with stock resonator. warm start
[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited:

tcador

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '15 GT PP
Thanks for sharing. What longtube setup do you have going in next and do you plan to leave the resonator in place?

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
That sounded great.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
So again, no aftermarket custom piping is needed for this set OR 2-3hours of labor. If you get something quote of over 140-150 because "custom" anything, walk away and go elsewhere. 1 guys put these things on in 1hour, with a short break to buy his lunch when the food truck rolled by.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
These are still my favorite mufflers for the 5.0. I prefer them with an off road x-pipe rather than an h-pipe, but I like the little bit of rasp the x adds with these mufflers. Long tubes with an off road x-pipe is even better. Good choice.

Sponsored

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Do these mufflers flow better than the stock ones on our cars? I'd expect them to, but I've been surprised by that sort of thing before.

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Do these mufflers flow better than the stock ones on our cars? I'd expect them to, but I've been surprised by that sort of thing before.
Idk. I figured they should be good on a 400hp car is they came on a 600hp car

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Those sound really nice. What year are those off of?

Oxfordbp

2016 Mustang GT/ CS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Cali Special
Awesome. I bought a set for 150 and have a buddy doing the install in a few weeks. I already have the H pipe in too. Love this setup.

SolarFlare Could you share the underside pics or any other install pics so I can show my buddy for install tips?

thanks!!

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Those sound really nice. What year are those off of?
'11-'12

Awesome. I bought a set for 150 and have a buddy doing the install in a few weeks. I already have the H pipe in too. Love this setup.

SolarFlare Could you share the underside pics or any other install pics so I can show my buddy for install tips?

thanks!!
Yes I can
Sponsored