Sponsored

Any reason not to go handling springs with FRPP track S&S?

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
I recently got a good deal on some lightly used FRPP track shocks and struts and am wanting to pair them with some BMR performance or handling springs.

The car is a DD that does not see a track, but I'd like it to perform better around the streets than it does in stock non pp form.

Swaybars will also be changed, a front subframe brace added, and the BMR CB005 kit added on the rear.

Is there any reason not to go with the handling springs? I assume the track shocks and struts are up to the duty of handling them, no pun intended.

Thanks
SK
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They're the springs I want to go with paired with either the FRPP track dampers or Koni's. They'll be very well matched.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'd get the performance with them personally based on the handling springs being built for Konis.

I have handling on stock PP, and from what I've read on the FRPP shocks/struts, they aren't that much better than the PP shock/struts.

From my experience with the handling springs, they need a good damper.

BobbyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT
The FRPP track springs and shocks are very well matched and helped resolve the "floaty" feel of the stock PP suspension, without being harsh. I guess if you prefer linear springs (the FRPP springs are progressive) you would go with BMR, I believe several members here are very happy with that setup.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps Kelly [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] can help with his experience on the FRPP and Konis with respect to the Handling springs.

Sponsored

OP
OP

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Thank you Evo. Seems like several of you guys are really happy with this setup. That is good to hear. I'd like to have Kelly [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] weigh in also before I place an order.

Have progressive springs now on non pp shocks and struts. This should be a nice upgrade. Going linears this time around.

Last edited:

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Thank you Evo. Seems like a several of you guys are really happy with this setup. That is good to hear. I'd like to have Kelly @BMR Tech weigh in also before I place an order.
MustangCollector has a thread where he has tried most of the combos available, and he is very happy with the FRPP S&S paired with Steeda Ultralite Linears... just a second perspective.

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

noob@cartech,prefer2drive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-PP::2000 Honda s2000::1996 Nissan Maxima
MustangCollector has a thread where he has tried most of the combos available, and he is very happy with the FRPP S&S paired with Steeda Ultralite Linears... just a second perspective.
I really like the BMR's accentuation of a lowered nose, 1.2 inch front, .5 inch rear drops.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
I really like the BMR's accentuation of a lowered nose, 1.2 inch front, .5 inch rear drops.
I understand, and honestly, I can go either way. Some cars "have" to have the nose dropped to get that "stance" and others don't... I feel like the S550 doesn't "have" to have the nose dropped to look good.

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I recently got a good deal on some lightly used FRPP track shocks and struts and am wanting to pair them with some BMR performance or handling springs.

The car is a DD that does not see a track, but I'd like it to perform better around the streets than it does in stock non pp form.

Swaybars will also be changed, a front subframe brace added, and the BMR CB005 kit added on the rear.

Is there any reason not to go with the handling springs? I assume the track shocks and struts are up to the duty of handling them, no pun intended.

Thanks
SK
SK, honestly - I would just do the SP080 Performance Springs.

The reason is because, I really catered those SP083 Handling springs for road course duty...and prefer that they be used with a Koni or Bilstein style damper on all 4 corners.

The Handling springs DO work with the FRPP Track kit, but just not as well as with a better damper. Evo above mentioned that he has them, and he has told me numerous times that he loves them with his dampers. I am not surprised, but he tends to be pretty aggressive with his car/combo and he may differ from others in that regard. He likes to push the envelope!

The SP080 work AWESOME with a good damper like the Track Kit, and a set of sway bars. You can get that "softer spring, bigger sway bar" set-up...which can be very effective when you are not on a racing tire...and it will also provide a better ride on a daily basis.

Any BMR spring combo will work.

Good luck!

OP
OP

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Sounds good to me. Thank you as always Kelly
Sponsored