Sponsored

Did Koons ever go below $29,177 for a base w/ PP this year?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I've been busy for a few months and not really paying attention to pricing much. Cheapest I saw Koons sell a 2016 Magnetic base w/ Performance Pack for was $29,177 back in January. Now I see the same package is back up to $29,430.

It would make sense that it would have been the cheapest it was if considering it's a business...with plenty of impulse buyers...especially with the weather is nice.

From now until then, did they ever go down cheaper for that combination?

If not, looks like January will be my month to ask for a brochure (to get the $750 coupon) and then pull the trigger.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now I see the Grabber Blue GT w/ PP is listed at $28,929, while the identical car in Magnetic is listed at $29,305. I saw Koons do this throughout the year where different colors were listed at different prices.

Again, just trying to figure out what month yields the lowest pricing at Koons with a given MY?

Thanks

-Emt1581

CM581978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550 Owner
I saw that price today as well. Not sure what they smoke to make them change the price every day.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Yeah, weird how price varies and that the WOW price can be drastically different on similary priced MSRP cars. They do have some good deals and several cars that are close to what I want, but either the color or wheels aren't my first pick. I wish they offered more auto premiums without added options except the wheels. I want either the foundry or 19" wheels and they all seem to have the either base wheels or jump up to the 20's.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, weird how price varies and that the WOW price can be drastically different on similary priced MSRP cars. They do have some good deals and several cars that are close to what I want, but either the color or wheels aren't my first pick. I wish they offered more auto premiums without added options except the wheels. I want either the foundry or 19" wheels and they all seem to have the either base wheels or jump up to the 20's.
Yet another weird piece of the Koons puzzle....theKoons prices on Cars.com are cheaper than on the Koons site and the prices in Virginia are cheaper than the prices in Maryland.

-Emt1581

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Ok I have a question about them. Are their prices legit? I saw some pretty crazy pricing there. I called and asked if the prices were legit or is that with all discounts and available rebates and qualifying reductions added in. They said that the WOW price was legit and did not include any discounts or anything. They said that qualifying discounts would drop the prices even more. I don't see how that is possible.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok I have a question about them. Are their prices legit? I saw some pretty crazy pricing there. I called and asked if the prices were legit or is that with all discounts and available rebates and qualifying reductions added in. They said that the WOW price was legit and did not include any discounts or anything. They said that qualifying discounts would drop the prices even more. I don't see how that is possible.
Well yes and no in my experience.

You could really qualify for the additional ones that are direct from Ford (ex. veteran, recent college grad, etc.). However, they do have additional costs....the WOW price isn't the price you pay short of sales tax. They add a dealer fee which is different depending on which state you are in (that one confused me) plus the destination fee...I think that's $900 although I could be off. But that's a standard thing...again, just not figured into the WOW price. I could be forgetting other fees like paperwork and such but it's been a few months since I checked.

Personally, I'm looking at the bottom line. The WOW price got my attention but the lowest out the door price will get my business.

-Emt1581

elle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
new here and have been lurking for a while. They have given me the best price I have found. They told me all fees and I'm waiting to see paperwork to make sure. Local dealers to me won't do much or have no inventory to fit what I want

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Koon's recently quoted me this on a base 2016 GT. The price isn't terrible but I couldn't get myself to pay the freight, processing fee, and rape license plate fee. I might have considered it if they had 0% financing for 62 or 72 months. I did have a $750 brochure coupon. So the teaser WOW price is a bit misleading in my opinion; every dealer does it though.

$28249 ​ WOW Price
$ ​ ​ 900 ​ Freight
$ ​ ​ 599 ​ Processing Fee
$ ​ 2491 ​ Ohio Tax
$ ​ ​ 280 ​ Ohio Tags

$32519 ​ Total Out The Door. I did not include the $750 rebate you spoke of. That would come off the bottom if applicable.​

hacktracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Yet another weird piece of the Koons puzzle....theKoons prices on Cars.com are cheaper than on the Koons site and the prices in Virginia are cheaper than the prices in Maryland.

-Emt1581
I think the MD max fee is $300 and the VA max is $599. That could be the difference.

Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Koon's recently quoted me this on a base 2016 GT. The price isn't terrible but I couldn't get myself to pay the freight, processing fee, and rape license plate fee. I might have considered it if they had 0% financing for 62 or 72 months. I did have a $750 brochure coupon. So the teaser WOW price is a bit misleading in my opinion; every dealer does it though.

$28249 ​ WOW Price
$ ​ ​ 900 ​ Freight
$ ​ ​ 599 ​ Processing Fee
$ ​ 2491 ​ Ohio Tax
$ ​ ​ 280 ​ Ohio Tags

$32519 ​ Total Out The Door. I did not include the $750 rebate you spoke of. That would come off the bottom if applicable.​
You do realize the $900 freight charge is something everyone pays? It's right on the window sticker from Ford. Koons pulls the freight charge out to make their "WOW" price look better than other dealers, then adds it back in when you want a real OTD number.

Even adding the fees back in, they are still usually cheaper than any other dealer.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the MD max fee is $300 and the VA max is $599. That could be the difference.
In my experience all fees are added AFTER the WOW price so I'm not sure the difference in the fee would be reflected on the websites.

-Emt1581

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You do realize the $900 freight charge is something everyone pays? It's right on the window sticker from Ford. Koons pulls the freight charge out to make their "WOW" price look better than other dealers, then adds it back in when you want a real OTD number.

Even adding the fees back in, they are still usually cheaper than any other dealer.
The WOW price is essentially the deep discounted comparison to the MSRP...and then they inflate and add a bunch of other fees to make up for it. My local dealer just gives a somewhat inclusive price and then tax/tag fee...no paperwork or any other charges.

Since OTD is what really matters to both Koons and most customers...the WOW is just bait for those who don't shop around much. But like you said, they are still usually cheaper than anyone else I've seen in the east. Only exception was a dealer in Florida that sold a few Mustangs (2015's I think) cheaper than Koons OTD.

-Emt1581

jsowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking
I just got a base gt with pp from them for 29.2. They add fees and double count on the destination, but we're still a good bit less expensive than anyone else. Very good to work with and I would recommend them.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got a base gt with pp from them for 29.2. They add fees and double count on the destination, but we're still a good bit less expensive than anyone else. Very good to work with and I would recommend them.
To clarify, $29,200 out the door (or maybe before taxes) or was that the "WOW Price" and then they added everything else?

I only ask because they had a grabber blue for $28,929 as the WOW Price.

Thanks and congrats on the car!! :cheers:
-Emt1581
Sponsored