Sponsored

Parking Brake Acting Up

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So everytime I start car and drive off I get an alarm on dash says "Parking Brake Engaged" Well there is an adjustment underneath car on the drivers side of exhaust that will fix this problem. It is a 10mm nut that needs to be tightened with a deep socket. With exhaust out of car very simple. I did it with car on alignment rack with exhaust installed. Nut was very very loose but not now.
Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Sweet. I tightened mine down because it took tons of clicks for it to engage. Now it only takes 3 to 4 clicks for my parking brake to engage.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Has anyone experienced that part to rattle or come in contact with the exhaust or floor pan?

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Has anyone experienced that part to rattle or come in contact with the exhaust or floor pan?
Nope. I had rattling due to a loose OEM ball style exhaust clamp right under the driver's seat though.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So everytime I start car and drive off I get an alarm on dash says "Parking Brake Engaged" Well there is an adjustment underneath car on the drivers side of exhaust that will fix this problem. It is a 10mm nut that needs to be tightened with a deep socket. With exhaust out of car very simple. I did it with car on alignment rack with exhaust installed. Nut was very very loose but not now.
Just curious - how were you able to adjust that / did you have to remove your exhaust?

I was under mine looking / and mine has a silver material covering the assembly (I guess to protect it from the hot exhaust piping. It's so tight where the location is, I'm not sure how you were able to get to it to adjust it??

Did yours not have the protective material affixed to it?

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I have a H-pipe and had room to adjust the parking brake without removing exhaust components. No protective material was affixed on mine.
Sponsored