Adding Front Camera to 8" screen?

John S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
I am going to be installing an APR splitter and lowering my car shortly but I want to get a front parking sensor/camera so I (or the wife) don't smash it the first time out. I came across this that seems to allow you to integrate a forward facing camera and activate by pressing the "OK" button for 3 seconds when you are under 7mph. Has anyone ever tried one of these?
http://www.amazon.com/9002-2781-For...F8&qid=1460392047&sr=1-18&keywords=curb+alert
Sponsored

JLsounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium w/performance pack
I am going to be installing an APR splitter and lowering my car shortly but I want to get a front parking sensor/camera so I (or the wife) don't smash it the first time out. I came across this that seems to allow you to integrate a forward facing camera and activate by pressing the "OK" button for 3 seconds when you are under 7mph. Has anyone ever tried one of these?
http://www.amazon.com/9002-2781-For...F8&qid=1460392047&sr=1-18&keywords=curb+alert
I would verify that it works as they say on the Mustang. I have a NAV TV system on my car and I have to activate it via a toggle switch. The NAV TV system can be activated on the trucks via some of the factory buttons but it can not be activated that way on the Mustangs. Also, I have installed plenty of their curb alert systems and I have not been super impressed. Not sure on this new "pro" system but the old system only beeped once. If you didn't hear it or stop when you heard it then you were hitting the curb.

OP
OP
John S.

John S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I would verify that it works as they say on the Mustang. I have a NAV TV system on my car and I have to activate it via a toggle switch. The NAV TV system can be activated on the trucks via some of the factory buttons but it can not be activated that way on the Mustangs. Also, I have installed plenty of their curb alert systems and I have not been super impressed. Not sure on this new "pro" system but the old system only beeped once. If you didn't hear it or stop when you heard it then you were hitting the curb.

Yeah I think I want a camera instead of the beeper. If the beeper fails and you don't know it you are smashing the curb. I saw the nav tv system also and was interested in that as well.

RalphHood3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
50th LE #1087 WW Auto
I've been running a front camera for over a year. It comes on automatically when the vehicle drops below 7mph and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Definitely one of the best upgrades I've done on my Mustang.

Check out this thread and let me know if you have any questions about my setup or the parts I used.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18375

Thanks
Ralph

OP
OP
John S.

John S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I've been running a front camera for over a year. It comes on automatically when the vehicle drops below 7mph and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Definitely one of the best upgrades I've done on my Mustang.

Check out this thread and let me know if you have any questions about my setup or the parts I used.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18375

Thanks
Ralph

Do I have to have an iPhone? Is it just plug and play for the camera? The camera feature is the only feature I want/will use.

Sponsored

RalphHood3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
50th LE #1087 WW Auto
You don't have to have an iPhone or any phone for that matter, but to have the fully integrated functionality I have you need the LockPick and a camera. The LockPick gives you tons of functionality (up to 5 cameras) as well, so it's a bit overkill for just a front camera, but the fact it is seamless integration with the SYNC system and is a plug an play no wire splicing install makes it well worth it in my opinion.

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Would it work with the base system, as long as you have a back-up camera?
Sponsored