Sponsored

2015 DIB Tech Package at Indy Mecum Auction May 20

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You donā€™t want to know
33 miles, interior still in plastic, 1 of 50 2015 Tech Package GT 350s and the only one in the auction. What will it bring?

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/SC0516-243151/0/2015-Ford-Shelby-GT350/6-Speed/

2015 Ford Shelby GT350 50th Anniversary

Lot R255 // INDIANAPOLIS 2016 // May 17-21

The 2015 Shelby GT350 50th Anniversary has nothing against turbochargers or superchargers. It just doesn't need them. The naturally aspirated 5.2-liter V-8 engine follows the tradition of high-RPM supercar engines in a factory-production Ford. Each engine is hand-built for maximum precision and to hit the 8,250 RPM redline on an everyday basis. The powerplant is unlike any in the Mustang stable with a 180-degree flat-plane crankshaft and purpose-engineered components working together to create a rev-happy 526 horsepower at 7,500 RPM and 429 lb-ft of torque at 4,750 RPM. The engine is backed by a Tremec 6-speed manual transmission and independent rear suspension equipped with a Torsen limited slip with 3.73:1 gears. The GT350 was engineered from its outset not only for straight-line blasts but also to conquer the world's race tracks. Aerodynamics walk the balance between downforce and drag and Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on alloy wheels stand ready to deliver grip in the corners. This GT350 is Shelby number F0136 and the 136th example of 137 Shelby GT350s produced for 2015. The modern take on the iconic Mustang is one of just 50 produced with the Technology Package, which is not limited to the interior comfort and connectivity. Along with the proven Ford SYNC and 7-speaker audio package is a MagneRide damping, heavy-duty springs, and an IDC (integrated driver control) system. The suspension is engineered for road control and Brembo calipers put the clamp down on massive cross-drilled vented 4-wheel disc brake rotors. This Mustang GT350 is one of four produced in Deep Impact Blue with white stripes and had its front spoiler installed at the dealership. The window sticker is still affixed in its original location, all factory protective plastic is still intact, and the GT350 was delivered with 33 miles and has not been driven since.

HIGHLIGHTS

- Shelby no. F0136
- 33 actual miles
- No. 136 of 137 Shelby GT350s produced for 2015
- Not driven since dealer delivery
- One of 50 produced with the Technology Package
- One of four produced in Deep Impact Blue with White over the top stripes
- 5.2/526 HP V-8 engine
- 6-speed transmission
- 4-wheel Brembo disc brakes
- Front spoiler installed at dealership
- Window sticker still affixed
- Factory plastic still intact
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Hey this one rolled off the assembly line one car after mine! :D

I don't know, how about 100k? But well... at least it won't hit limp mode since it'll probably never see a track event. :headbonk:

The previous 2015 (chassis F0119) fetched 115k at Mecum Kissimmee in Jan... this one is F0136 and coincidentally it has the same color/stripe options.
2015-136-gt350.JPG

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Somebody took the plastic off the steering wheel... so it's not really 100% "still" in plastic.

It took me a good 45 seconds to get that stuff off mine! ;)

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It will bring what someone pays for it. What matters is getting the car on the road

OP
OP

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You donā€™t want to know
It will bring what someone pays for it. What matters is getting the car on the road
I don't disagree with you on how the car should be used, but if you paid way over $100K for this GT 350, would you put it on the road?

Sponsored

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
$107,500 (because it is a tech)

I put it at that value if word is out regarding the "limp mode" issues associated with the tech equipped cars. Even though this car probably will be stored and not raced at all, that performance cloud, if and when it becomes the "problem" chatter among car buyers, could still have an impact on its price. JMO.

OP
OP

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You donā€™t want to know
Limp mode is a non-issue for this auction, and guess what - it doesn't need to be inflicted on every thread.

This is the largest muscle-car auction in the world, and the big-money buyers aren't going to be bothered by the small number of whiners here who bought the wrong car for the track or the handful who bought the "right" car and are disappointed by the overheating issue - especially since Ford has a fix on the way. This GT 350 is essentially brand-new, is one of four in a discontinued color (with white OTT stripes), and is going to be surrounded by high-priced iron and a bunch of high-end bidders. It will go for $125K, all-in.

Last edited:

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I don't disagree with you on how the car should be used, but if you paid way over $100K for this GT 350, would you put it on the road?
If was spending that on a mustang I would probably have two one for storage and one to drive!

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-GrandƩ
Kissimmee

Hey this one rolled off the assembly line one car after mine! :D

I don't know, how about 100k? But well... at least it won't hit limp mode since it'll probably never see a track event. :headbonk:

The previous 2015 (chassis F0119) fetched 115k at Mecum Kissimmee in Jan... this one is F0136 and coincidentally it has the same color/stripe options.
Right. That was a Track Pack Car and not Tech Pack, correct? Small Screen Console Display.

As I mentioned on the GT-350/R Thread, If anyone is upgrading their cooling systems, through Ford, or on your own, let me know. I need the fog light air-deflector block-off plates behind the corner mesh.

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Right. That was a Track Pack Car and not Tech Pack, correct? Small Screen Console Display.

As I mentioned on the GT-350/R Thread, If anyone is upgrading their cooling systems, through Ford, or on your own, let me know. I need the fog light air-deflector block-off plates behind the corner mesh.
Yup... F0119 was a Track pkg '15 DIB.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Limp mode is a non-issue for this auction, and guess what - it doesn't need to be inflicted on every thread.

This is the largest muscle-car auction in the world, and the big-money buyers aren't going to be bothered by the small number of whiners here who bought the wrong car for the track or the handful who bought the "right" car and are disappointed by the overheating issue - especially since Ford has a fix on the way. This GT 350 is essentially brand-new, is one of four in a discontinued color (with white OTT stripes), and is going to be surrounded by high-priced iron and a bunch of high-end bidders. It will go for $125K, all-in.
To your point this GT350 may in fact be more desirable based on the fact that the majority of GT350 owners prefer a Tech Package car over a Track Pack car.

Limp mode will not be an issue here and agree that this color combination is outstanding and with it being discontinued may be a help as well.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350

There are no TSBs on this car. If there is a "fix on the way", every Ford dealer I have talk to has no information on this issue. Yes, it would be nice to have some type of fix for the "wrong" car (which I take great exception to that comment); but until I receive something in the mail, or a call from my dealer, etc., there is no fix on the way, unless you classify the 2017 model as a fix.

OP
OP

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You donā€™t want to know
There are no TSBs on this car. If there is a "fix on the way", every Ford dealer I have talk to has no information on this issue. Yes, it would be nice to have some type of fix for the "wrong" car (which I take great exception to that comment); but until I receive something in the mail, or a call from my dealer, etc., there is no fix on the way, unless you classify the 2017 model as a fix.
Ford Performance (and other sources) have confirmed to several of us that a kit is in the works, but of course Ford is not going to say anything official until it's tested and available. But I wouldn't wait for that solution; instead, sell the car now and buy the "right" one before you have a heart attack. Life is too short to suffer like that.

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
Ford Performance (and other sources) have confirmed to several of us that a kit is in the works, but of course Ford is not going to say anything official until it's tested and available. But I wouldn't wait for that solution; instead, sell the car now and buy the "right" one before you have a heart attack. Life is too short to suffer like that.
I did buy the right car for me. I don't track my car, so I don't have any issues with it. IMO, the "tech" is twice the car than the track, considering that 90%+ of the time you are not on a track. I am not one of the "tech" lemmings on this board demanding some sort of fix because they can't drive on a track for more than 15 minutes. But, excuse me, you have insider information; us peons don't have the same contacts to Ford Performance or those "other sources" as you claim to have.
Sponsored