Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys,

Just come back from a quick trip into Birmingham and went in to look at the Mustangs they had, Only 4 including the show car, however some very nice specs (The Triple yellow with faded stripes looks amazing, and the CO in person looks great, although the picture makes it look red :doh:)

The car's to be viewed were:
3x Customer cars:
1x RR custom pack EB fastback
1x CO GT Shaker Pro + Nav
1x TY GT All extras (Not custom pack) with Faded Stripes

Show car:
1x Black Convertile GT, all Extras.

I managed to sweet talk a really nice salesman (who could tell I knew a lot about mustangs and the wait time as I was discussing it with another family who knew not a lot around the wait times) into letting me sit in the customers Race Red Ecoboost, just to get a feel for the clutch and the gear shifter and see the lights on and everything.

In short, just, wow... When you sit in the car, knowing it'll be yours shortly, the buzz is incredible (Didn't even compare to when I actually test drove one in the states!). Not long now!

If you weren't aware, the doors are a mix of hard plastic and soft touch leather (which feels really nice) the interior aluminium 'bar' is actual aluminium and feels that way, the one i test drove in the states felt like painted plastic. The shifter is short and has a great response to it. The lighting is deep and very very ambient, really brings the car to life. The puddle lamps are wicked (I went with my parents and my mum was clueless until i'd opened the door to show her and she was shocked - so if any guys like impressing mid 40s women, that's one thing to do it for you :lol:

Anyway enough spiel, here's the pictures:
COFSGT.jpg
COGT.jpg
COGT2.jpg
GT+EB.jpg
RR eb.jpg
RREB and COFS GT.jpg
GTVerteShowcar.jpg
GTEngineBay.jpg
ShowcarInterior.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi Guys,

Just come back from a quick trip into Birmingham and went in to look at the Mustangs they had, Only 4 including the show car, however some very nice specs (The Triple yellow with faded stripes looks amazing, and the CO in person looks great, although the picture makes it look red :doh:)

The car's to be viewed were:
3x Customer cars:
1x RR custom pack EB fastback
1x CO GT Shaker Pro + Nav
1x TY GT All extras (Not custom pack) with Faded Stripes

Show car:
1x Black Convertile GT, all Extras.

I managed to sweet talk a really nice salesman (who could tell I knew a lot about mustangs and the wait time as I was discussing it with another family who knew not a lot around the wait times) into letting me sit in the customers Race Red Ecoboost, just to get a feel for the clutch and the gear shifter and see the lights on and everything.

In short, just, wow... When you sit in the car, knowing it'll be yours shortly, the buzz is incredible (Didn't even compare to when I actually test drove one in the states!). Not long now!

If you weren't aware, the doors are a mix of hard plastic and soft touch leather (which feels really nice) the interior aluminium 'bar' is actual aluminium and feels that way, the one i test drove in the states felt like painted plastic. The shifter is short and has a great response to it. The lighting is deep and very very ambient, really brings the car to life. The puddle lamps are wicked (I went with my parents and my mum was clueless until i'd opened the door to show her and she was shocked - so if any guys like impressing mid 40s women, that's one thing to do it for you :lol:

Anyway enough spiel, here's the pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/2VYN2 -> link to album until I get picture links working (Bare with me!) - Okay anyone who see's this wanna explain how I get a bloody image working here?

Use the paperclip attachment tool, then upload it from your computer, check with preview post for the pictures )

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Use the paperclip attachment tool, then upload it from your computer, check with preview post for the pictures )
Explains why the 'IMG' code wasn't working. Cheers for that :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
By interior aluminium bar, do you mean on the dash? The showroom model I saw felt plastic!

Any other owners confirm this?

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Always thought the yellow was the worst colour, but I have to say with the fading stripes it looks pretty cool!

Sponsored

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
By interior aluminium bar, do you mean on the dash? The showroom model I saw felt plastic!

Think he means the bar on the door handle.
DSC_1165 (Large).jpg

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Think he means the bar on the door handle.
I love this, as I noticed on UK cars these are the parts that felt cheap. So I assumed those have being removed and hydro dipped or were they real carbon? Is this a UK car?

Were any other interior parts carbon or just those items?

Also that yellow with black faded stripes looks absolutely amazing, I was not much for yellow but now seeing it with faded stripes, wow what a transformation, think the strips work better on the yellow than any other colour, looks absolutely brilliant. :)

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I love this, as I noticed on UK cars these are the parts that felt cheap. So I assumed those have being removed and hydro dipped or were they real carbon? Is this a UK car?

Were any other interior parts carbon or just those items?

Also that yellow with black faded stripes looks absolutely amazing, I was not much for yellow but now seeing it with faded stripes, wow what a transformation, think the strips work better on the yellow than any other colour, looks absolutely brilliant. :)
It's an american car, the guy had the parts removed and hydro dipped

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
It's an american car, the guy had the parts removed and hydro dipped
Looks good, I might do similar or get them done in suede/alcantara as those are the hard nasty plastic parts, will probably get done in suede to match my 350 steering wheel. :)

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

No I am talking about the central aluminium bar accross the dash, straight through the middle which all the vents sit on, the two cars I sat in, they felt like metal, i even did the "metal test" aka dinged my metal bracelet against it and it 'dinged' rather than absorbed the sound like plastic would.

The side ones on the doors, that above were carbon dipped do however feel plasticy, although I didn't metal test these.

[MENTION=16001]avocet[/MENTION] I was the same, i thought TY wasn't a nice colour especially at the hefty premium you pay for it, but with the faded stripes it looks gorgeous

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
No I am talking about the central aluminium bar accross the dash, straight through the middle which all the vents sit on, the two cars I sat in, they felt like metal, i even did the "metal test" aka dinged my metal bracelet against it and it 'dinged' rather than absorbed the sound like plastic would.
So not only did they let you sit in a customer car, they let you "ding" your metal bracelet off the dash! :shocked:

Fwiw, it seemed fairly plasticky in the demo I sat in.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
So not only did they let you sit in a customer car, they let you "ding" your metal bracelet off the dash! :shocked:

Fwiw, it seemed fairly plasticky in the demo I sat in.

Demo i dinged. Not the Customer car.

Customer car was to see boot space, interior lighting, and test the shift/gear knob. The customer car hadn't been through PDI.

Sounded metal to me, felt metal to me, was even cold like metal goes... The 7 other people there all agreed it was metal (As i was questioning it) - Still, tempted to carbon warp it :lol:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16

Customer car was to see boot space, interior lighting, and test the shift/gear knob. The customer car hadn't been through PDI.

Sounded metal to me, felt metal to me, was even cold like metal goes... The 7 other people there all agreed it was metal (As i was questioning it) - Still, tempted to carbon warp it :lol:
Mmmmmm...... Carbon warp eh?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

That's alright then :D
I hope you're right on the dash - I didn't spend a lot of time inside the car and tried to poke as much stuff as possible.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Mmmmmm...... Carbon warp eh?
Yep, 4D carbon fiber wrap. Looks and feels the part, easily done. (or so the guy tells me!)
Sponsored