First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
UPDATED WITH DYNO VIDEO & CHART:

[ame]

[igm]p/BASoZsYtjHk[/igm]​

Bone Stock the car made 466.72 HP / 390.19 TQ
With Kooks Headers, Catted X-Pipe and OEM Mufflers it made 481.86 HP / 406.66 TQ
With Full Kooks Exhaust it made 491.02 HP / 410.01 TQ

There have been no other mods made to the car. The tune is still bone stock. I am very impressed with the gains and I know the car will pick up more from just a tune. I hope to get it tuned next week before the 1/2 mile race in Ocala, FL.

I dropped my 70 mile car off at Kooks yesterday for a little product development. It is going to Roush Yates this morning for a baseline dyno test and the guys at Kooks start their magic. I am very excited and I can't wait to share the results here!

:cheers:
image.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Nice! Looking forward to the results.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Joe, get that thing off the lift so they can finish my fox headers!

Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Joe

Besides the Kooks and a tune, what else are you having them do?

I am also very curious to see your results.

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Joe

Besides the Kooks and a tune, what else are you having them do?

I am also very curious to see your results.
As this relates to Kooks, we will only being exhaust work. They have several things they want to try. After each change the car will be redyno'd to see if it helped or hurt, and what RPM range the changes occurred. Kooks has had a certain road race car in house for some preliminary work, but this is the first production GT350 they have worked on.

When it gets back to me, we will do the JLT CAI and a tune. I'm getting really excited!

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Tell Koolaid Anthony says hi while your there. :D

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
As this relates to Kooks, we will only being exhaust work. They have several things they want to try. After each change the car will be redyno'd to see if it helped or hurt, and what RPM range the changes occurred. Kooks has had a certain road race car in house for some preliminary work, but this is the first production GT350 they have worked on.

When it gets back to me, we will do the JLT CAI and a tune. I'm getting really excited!
Do you know if they will be monitoring the effects of their changes with regard to vibrations from the FPC? There are a few people here who would love any extra power but are concerned with long-term effects of messing with the work that Ford had to do in order to tame the NVH on that motor. We don't want to be re-tightening bolts every 1000 miles or worse.

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Do you know if they will be monitoring the effects of their changes with regard to vibrations from the FPC? There are a few people here who would love any extra power but are concerned with long-term effects of messing with the work that Ford had to do in order to tame the NVH on that motor. We don't want to be re-tightening bolts every 1000 miles or worse.
They are well aware of issues with the exhaust and vibration. It will be addressed. I'm excited to see what they do.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I'm interested to see the gains on the tri y header your going with. Also curious as to the x-h pipe. Are you going to be running cats? And full exhaust?

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
These are actually from my Coyote Stock race car, but they are going to see if this will actually bennifit the FPC as well as it did the race car. This design picked up both peak TQ & HP as well as huge numbers "under the curve". Most notably were the massive torque increases down low where the drag car couldn't really take advantage of them. Now a track car like this would LOVE that extra torque coming off the corner.

Kooks is doing a complete exhaust for the car. Several different designs will be dyno tested at Roush Yates. We hope to deliver a premium product for a premium car.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
These are actually from my Coyote Stock race car, but they are going to see if this will actually bennifit the FPC as well as it did the race car. This design picked up both peak TQ & HP as well as huge numbers "under the curve". Most notably were the massive torque increases down low where the drag car couldn't really take advantage of them. Now a track car like this would LOVE that extra torque coming off the corner.

Kooks is doing a complete exhaust for the car. Several different designs will be dyno tested at Roush Yates. We hope to deliver a premium product for a premium car.
Do you have any Dyno figures of the coyote with those headers? Before and after?

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I don't want to post exact numbers, but I will show you the two Dyno charts overlaid. NMRA CS is a sealed engine class where we fight for any power advantage. The before is with a very nice set of Kooks headers with a trick set of "tuned" merge collectors. The after is with a bad ass set of Tri-Y headers with all the tricks thrown their way. Ask me if they work... Heck, ask my competition. I hold the MPH record in the class.
image.jpg
Sponsored