Group opportunity for Motorsport Tech spacers

Valdez_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium
Just ordered 4 25mm spacers from Lenny @ Motorsport Tech, awesome guy to work with and very knowledgable about the 6th gen mustangs. After talking with him we decided that the 25mm would look best with the factory 19's non PP. Im mad that I didn't get on the group buy but at the end of the day I'm still paying for an awesome product, not cheap Chinese shit. I will do an update when I get them installed. I can't wait until these get here!!! Thanks again Lenny for helping me with this order.:cheers:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Midnight_LMR

Midnight_LMR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Anyone remember torque recommendations? Im currently 100 spacer to hub and 105 wheel to spacer

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
[MENTION=18458]Midnight_LMR[/MENTION] When I talked to Lenny on the phone he told me the spacer will handle factory torque but he felt it was high and recommended 120 for both or 120 spacers, factory for wheels. I went 120ish for spacer's with blue loctite and 140ish for wheels.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I went 140 for spacer 150 for wheels :x

OP
OP
Midnight_LMR

Midnight_LMR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
yea tks guys, I went 120 on both

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
yea tks guys, I went 120 on both
This is the way!

120lb/ft is the max I'd put on spacer, any higher risk damage to hit and 120lb/ft should be ample to keep the wheels on.

Do 100lb/ft spacer and 150lb/ft wheel is a bad idea, keep both the same torque.

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord Touring

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
I see anchor room has some rock guards on their web site. Hope this wasn't already posted here.

http://www.anchor-room.com/product_info.php?products_id=18236&osCsid=5ru082rm4mev83ctdihesrq700
The bottom design is new. They didn't have that before. That's cool. Taking a page out of Steeda's book with the clutch spring and coming to market with items, owners are figuring out for themselves. It's very smart of these companies to watch the forums and see what owners are doing and make it easier for buyers to get products like this and the lighter clutch spring to market.

Sponsored

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
My ZL1 addon flaps are delivered...stay tuned for updates once I get home from work.
I'm ready to see the review of quality. Hope the work well.

Joshg120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
The bottom design is new. They didn't have that before. That's cool. Taking a page out of Steeda's book with the clutch spring and coming to market with items, owners are figuring out for themselves. It's very smart of these companies to watch the forums and see what owners are doing and make it easier for buyers to get products like this and the lighter clutch spring to market.

I agree that it's a good idea, but honestly I'm not sure how much protection these film pieces would add. Where are rock chips likely to occur with these spacers? I'm not really sure it's limited to the areas covered by this kit. I think rock guards such as the z1 are really the better solution.

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree that it's a good idea, but honestly I'm not sure how much protection these film pieces would add. Where are rock chips likely to occur with these spacers? I'm not really sure it's limited to the areas covered by this kit. I think rock guards such as the z1 are really the better solution.
Make sure you scroll down on that page, there is an additional guard that will cover up higher on the quarter panel.

C11EWM

Mustang GT Ordered
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1Series
Got them all in my shopping. Waiting for someone to try them before I commit. I haven't got car yet so can afford to wait a couple of weeks.

Are the American Muscle mud guards the only ones on the market?
Sponsored