Midnight_LMR

Midnight_LMR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Guys seriously just talk to [MENTION=10447]AMAlexLazarus[/MENTION] over at AM, he will hook you up and the guards are really really high quality. I will post pics tomorrow of them but they are good. You guys trusted me on the spacers, trust me on these guards

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT

American

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT / 17 GT350
Guys seriously just talk to [MENTION=10447]AMAlexLazarus[/MENTION] over at AM, he will hook you up and the guards are really really high quality. I will post pics tomorrow of them but they are good. You guys trusted me on the spacers, trust me on these guards
I'm not 100% sold on the design of those.. Maybe your pictures can change my mind.

Is there any need for 3M with the guards installed, or are they pretty effective in blocking flying debris?

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Those don't look too bad and they're inexpensive. I would not care too much about the rears anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I might pull the trigger on those and be the guinea pig.:shrug:

Sponsored

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord Touring
I'm not 100% sold on the design of those.. Maybe your pictures can change my mind.

Is there any need for 3M with the guards installed, or are they pretty effective in blocking flying debris?
IMO anything you can do to mitigate road debris hitting your quarter panel in the first place is a good start. Redline has already has a pit in his glass from road debris. I think I am going to go with both.

Redline,

How much were your 3M quarter panel guards?

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord Touring
Can you post some pics? Thanks.

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I was driving today with my windows down and making a turn and heard a rock get thrown up and hit something..similar to redline. After a week I also have a few chips in the rear quarter panel. I'm going to cover the rear quarter with some painters tape and order those front flaps.

Here's some more sexiness

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
IMO anything you can do to mitigate road debris hitting your quarter panel in the first place is a good start. Redline has already has a pit in his glass from road debris. I think I am going to go with both.

Redline,

How much were your 3M quarter panel guards?
$90 installed, but that was after 10% off veteran discount. So $100... And that was a custom cut as there is no design in the system for that area.

Sponsored

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
I really want to put off buying/installing front mud guards. I hate the idea of installing something I don't like the look of to keep something I do. I looked over the rear quarters a couple times and looks like the paint protection is serving its purpose for the rear quarters. I really hope the chip in the pass door glass was a freak occurrence. But if it happens again I may just have to try some mud guards on the front. Replacing door glass is not something I would look forward to doing if it keeps getting hit...

I'll try and get a pic of the tiny pit in the glass. When I tried outside the other day my camera would only focus on the reflection in the glass since the pit is pretty small.

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I completely understand. I also noticed a few chips on my door as well, so hopefully this eliminates the problem. They look subtle enough, but the pics on the site don't do any justice. Worst case scenario I can just sell them to somebody else on here if I don't like them.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
Well I ordered the ZL1 addons rock guards...so I will let you guys know how they are once they come in
Yes, please do! Those are what I would consider if I did have to use some. Thanks!

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
Here is a shot of the pit in the glass. The paper width for reference is a little less than 1.5". I looked over the rear quarters again and didn't see any damage over my paint protection film area. A couple of little questionable spots but was little tiny dirt/tar specs that came off. Some grime did get behind a 2" part of an edge of the paint protection on the rocker that will need to be fixed or possibly replaced, I already called the place that installed it and they are of course taking care of it, as they guarantee their work.

Sponsored