Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Big SHOUT out to AEROSPACE COMPONENTS!!! These are beautiful! I wouldn't expect anything less from Kim & Al Kussy. Now these are a work of art! Kim and Al have a huge presence in the Grassroots Drag Racer world. I've been purchasing from them for over 25 years. Many a Fox Bodys received their binders through my shop. She's an active racer, she owns a dragster and 2 red Mustangs!! Need I saw more! I might be able to get the back brakes on for Bowling Green, but definitely not the front, as I'll be doing the k-member at the same time. This will help shed some pounds and allow 15" wheels!
Brakes 1.jpg
Brakes 2.jpg
Brakes 3.jpg
Brakes 4.jpg
Brakes 5.jpg
Brakes 6.jpg
Brakes 7.jpg
Brakes 8.jpg
Sponsored

BOBS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Auto Race Red
Winter`s coming

Nice! You have plenty to keep you busy during the long COLD winter in Michigan! You will miss FLA where the track is open 52 weeks :eyebulge:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Question, does anything else fit in those besides hawk pads? I hate hawk. Their dust is corrosive when wet. Its ruined multiple wheels of mine. I plan to get fronts and rears from them as well. But not if no other pads fit. I cant risk a pair of welds to hawk pads. Btw awesome buy!

OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Question, does anything else fit in those besides hawk pads? I hate hawk. Their dust is corrosive when wet. Its ruined multiple wheels of mine. I plan to get fronts and rears from them as well. But not if no other pads fit. I cant risk a pair of welds to hawk pads. Btw awesome buy!
That's a good question, one I do not have the answer to, but will find out and let you know.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
AEROSPACE COMPONENTS Teaser!!

AEROSPACE COMPONENTS Teaser, I just had to see what they'll look like on the car. I'm racing tomorrow, so I won't actually put them on till Saturday.
Brakes 9.jpg
Brakes 10.jpg
Brakes 11.jpg
Brakes 12.jpg
Brakes 13.jpg
Brakes 14.jpg
Brakes 15.jpg

OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I thought this was pretty funny, the AEROSPACE COMPONENTS rotor was so light it wouldn't register on my scale....looks like I'll have to get a deli scale! I'll probably save at least half the weight of all my brake equipment :headbang:
Rear weight 1.jpg
Rear weight 2.jpg
Rear weight 3.jpg

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I believe kelly from bmr in the what things weigh thread said front and rear aerospace brake stuff was like 40lbs. Ill have to check.
Edit**** i lied its only front weight for aerospace
OEM GT Base 14" Front Brake Kit (Rotor/Caliper/Pads) - 43.8lbs per side (87.6lbs total L+R)
OEM GT PP 15" Front Brake Kit (Rotor/Caliper/Pads): - 47.2lbs per side (94.4lbs total L+R)
Aerospace 13" Lightweight Street Brakes (Rotor/Caliper/Pads/Brackets) - 19.4lbs per side (38.8lbs total L/R)

OEM GT 14" Base Front Rotor: 28.56lbs (57.12lbs pair)
OEM GT PP 15" Front Rotor: 33.4lbs (66.8lbs pair)
Aerospace 13" Lightweight Street Rotor - 14.3lbs (28.6lbs pair)

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
15" wheel on the front or the back, because it is my understanding it is not the brakes that's keeping us from running 15" wheel in the back, but lower control arm on the IRS. I really wanted 15" wheel on the back, but until someone gets creative, I don't see it happening with factory components. I hope you prove me wrong! If you do my 17's will be for sale!

Sponsored
OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
15" wheel on the front or the back, because it is my understanding it is not the brakes that's keeping us from running 15" wheel in the back, but lower control arm on the IRS. I really wanted 15" wheel on the back, but until someone gets creative, I don't see it happening with factory components. I hope you prove me wrong! If you do my 17's will be for sale!
On the back, I only see one area that'll be close on the lower control arm, but it was the caliper & the banjo bolt that connects the brake line to the caliper that was the unavoidable issue that I see.... I will update as I go, it'll be 2-3 weeks before rims are ordered.

OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just spoke with AEROSPACE COMPONENTS, and yes there are other brands that fit, like Performance Friction or any pad with the same configuration, example Wilwood, Strange and others.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
<-----Jealous

Wow those are beautiful..and great weight savings.
Sponsored