Sponsored

My Custom Dual Mode, Quad Exhaust!

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Update: added videos for idle and such! Will have the valves working within the next couple days and prototypes for my rear valence bezel I'll be making to fit around the areas where I cut, still is rough looking!

Cold start

Warm start and revs

Test Rig to test vacuum-actuated valves

What do you guys think? Cut the bumper myself (Pretty freaky doing this but it turned out perfect!), I have to add a little bit of clearance around the tips, i'll end up making a nice 3d-printed ABS or machined aluminum bezel to go around the tips to make the plastic edges on the bumper look a little nicer, but other than that it is pretty complete! Used some unique mufflers, ebay exhaust tips, and had an exhaust guy custom fabricate the axel back system. It currently is "open" all the time right now, tomorrow i'll be fabricating the switch and lines to be able to close the valve on normal use until WOT. ZERO DRONE, DEEP SOUND AND ROAR WITH THROTTLE. I even hear a little more lope for some reason, so that was a shock! Videos will come when i have the valves working properly, stay tuned :headbang: Total cost for this system so far: 630 including labor for fabrication.

Here are a couple pictures, sorry for the bad angles and such it is the best i could do from the ground! I tapped into the vacuum on the passenger side, where conveniently I have my nifty JLT air/oil separator for an easy connection. I cut off the molded plastic line and found the proper sized PCV hose and used some pipe fitting secured down with some nylon. I currently have the vacuum supplying the mufflers disconnected (as you can see the unconnected hose to the left of the separator) because I do not have an air valve yet as well as me needing to disassemble the valves in the muffler to clean/rebuild them (slight tinging noise that I do not find acceptable). The vacuum line is routed underneath the car, through various parts of the frame and the suspension held together by zip-ties. From there it is connected to the right hand muffler, t'd off, and then routed to the left hand muffler. More to come, possible an H-Pipe delete as well? THIS IS ONLY AN AXEL BACK RIGHT NOW, AND SOUNDS GOOD!

Got the H-Pipe installed today, this sounds MEAN! Will have in-car videos soon, there is NO DRONE, just engine noise! The PCV where i tapped into for vacuum is not generating enough vacuum for the valves, i'm going to have to rig something else up, at the moment i zip-tied the valves shut.

http://youtu.be/e2JKzb9_w1E

Here is what it sounds like with the valves open and the h-pipe, MEAN! Can't wait to get the switch working. I began to clean up the plastic around the trim where I cut as well as re-aligning the tips slightly. Still a work in progress, love the unique sound it makes!

Finished Result (other than actually hiding wires and getting my good switch), Here is a quick video and some pictures! I'll get a better video because i did not realize about how crappy it sounded.

[ame]

Sponsored

Last edited:

assclown

Warchief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
Looks great!

Could you let us know what size the tips are? Also could you post a few pix of the cutouts you made?

I'm interested in doing this and want to keep the stock rear bumper.

OP
OP
derieuz

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Looks great!

Could you let us know what size the tips are? Also could you post a few pix of the cutouts you made?

I'm interested in doing this and want to keep the stock rear bumper.
tips are 3.5" diameter outlet, 2.5" inlet, the cutout is built into the muffler, basically one outlet is straight through and has the cutout, and the second outlet is resonated and muffled, when the straight through outlet is blocked off, it forces the exhaust to go through the muffler

Sponsored

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Please share the video and detailed pictures. Thanks.

Crais

I call it Vera
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 DIB GT Premium PP
Do you have plans for how you're going to trigger the valve control at WOT? Button mechanically pushed by the pedal mechanism?

AMWill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Track Pack 5.0

What do you guys think? Cut the bumper myself (Pretty freaky doing this but it turned out perfect!), I have to add a little bit of clearance around the tips, i'll end up making a nice 3d-printed ABS or machined aluminum bezel to go around the tips to make the plastic edges on the bumper look a little nicer, but other than that it is pretty complete! Used some unique mufflers, ebay exhaust tips, and had an exhaust guy custom fabricate the axel back system. It currently is "open" all the time right now, tomorrow i'll be fabricating the switch and lines to be able to close the valve on normal use until WOT. ZERO DRONE, DEEP SOUND AND ROAR WITH THROTTLE. I even hear a little more lope for some reason, so that was a shock! Videos will come when i have the valves working properly, stay tuned :headbang: Total cost for this system so far: 630 including labor for fabrication.
This is so awesome man props to you :hail:.

It looks great and I can only imagine how it sounds! Let's hear this beast!

What's next on your build list?

-Will

Sponsored

assclown

Warchief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
Appreciate the vids!

For smoothening out the cutout valence portions, you could use some u-channel weather stripping. Available at any home improvement store.

OP
OP
derieuz

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Appreciate the vids!

For smoothening out the cutout valence portions, you could use some u-channel weather stripping. Available at any home improvement store.

That was going to be my temporary solution, i am going to make a clean quarter-inch of clearance around the profile of the two exhaust tips, and then start fabbing up a 3d-printed valance add on if it can fit.

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Sub'd
Sponsored