Sponsored

Instrument panel freeze / Wheel buttons don't work

vyv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT Premium Nav, GCC
Today another "funny" tning happened.
The instrument panel menu didn't respond to any buttons I pushed on the wheel.
As well as radio/phone/nav buttons on wheel didn't work.
Swith-off / swith-on didn't help.
After 10 minutes of driving and anger buttons start to work.
Have you experienced anything like this?
What could be the reason?
Sponsored

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
Happened to me, I took a video of it too and plan on showing the dealership when I decide to take it in for a few things. I tried restarting the car with the same results. After only a minute or so of driving g mine started working. Only happened once in 1900 miles.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Yup, I've had it happen once.

I just laughed it off and it has not happened since.

Reactions: vyv

John S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
I am noticing this a lot lately. When I start my car it is on the home screen. I reverse out of the drive way and after the back up camera is off the display shows a partial phone screen with only buttons on the left side of the screen. The home button will not work at all. I have found that I need to press one of the four corner buttons like navigation first. It will switch to navigation or whichever corner button I pressed and then the home button will work. This happens almost daily on my car. It is a bit frustrating to say the least. I didn't notice it happening before I changed my wallpaper but it seems to do it a lot now even after changing to several different wallpapers. I need to set the default wall paper and see if it does it again.

jtiedemann4

2015 Magnetic Mustang GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Happened to me about 3 weeks ago. I disconnected the battery for 30 mins and all was back to normal.

Sponsored

John S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I'm finding my sync glitches every time I go into reverse. When I come out if reverse the screen goes to a partial phone screen and most buttons won't work. I have to press one of the four corners and then the screens and buttons work again. It's pretty annoying.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am noticing this a lot lately. When I start my car it is on the home screen. I reverse out of the drive way and after the back up camera is off the display shows a partial phone screen with only buttons on the left side of the screen. The home button will not work at all. I have found that I need to press one of the four corner buttons like navigation first. It will switch to navigation or whichever corner button I pressed and then the home button will work. This happens almost daily on my car. It is a bit frustrating to say the least. I didn't notice it happening before I changed my wallpaper but it seems to do it a lot now even after changing to several different wallpapers. I need to set the default wall paper and see if it does it again.
I'm finding my sync glitches every time I go into reverse. When I come out if reverse the screen goes to a partial phone screen and most buttons won't work. I have to press one of the four corners and then the screens and buttons work again. It's pretty annoying.
Hi John S.,

I'd like to help with this. Do you allow the phone to completely connect before reversing? The system may lock up because the screen wants to change to the back up camera, but the phone is still connecting.

Shaay

John S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Hi John S.,

I'd like to help with this. Do you allow the phone to completely connect before reversing? The system may lock up because the screen wants to change to the back up camera, but the phone is still connecting.

Shaay

It says connected on the screen. I'll try waiting a few more seconds before putting it into reverse to see if that helps. Thanks. :cheers:

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
I had an issue of my radio not working at all today, I heard about the phone stuff so I shut mine off. I started it up and the radio worked again... weird.

Sponsored

John S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
John S.,

You're welcome! Please keep me posted.

Shaay

Okay, I've tested it for several days. I've waited up to 1 full minute before engaging reverse while the screen says the phone has been connected. The screen still freezes and only half loads the phone screen. So basically waiting for a full phone connection does not change anything. The problem still persists.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Okay, I've tested it for several days. I've waited up to 1 full minute before engaging reverse while the screen says the phone has been connected. The screen still freezes and only half loads the phone screen. So basically waiting for a full phone connection does not change anything. The problem still persists.
Hey John S,

Thanks for the update. I suggest trying a master reset: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...hone-setup/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html

I also recommend logging into your Owner account to check for updates: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

Shaay
Sponsored